Topics you would like "TOP GEAR" to cover

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
100/yr?
not as much as ibadan- ilorin in nigeria and that is tarred and ashpalt

I'd just like to see them test more cars in the price range of mere mortals instead of always Ferrari's, Lambo's, etc

I'd just like to see them test more cars in the price range of mere mortals instead of always Ferrari's, Lambo's, etc

i dont, that would be boring... why the hell would i watch someone testing a peugeot or a ford mondeo...

i really like the way TG mix it up... they do have normal cars but they also have dream cars on to keep it interesting... the super cars though europe, the race in the veyron, the SLR test etc.. these are the episodes that make TG...

I am getting tired of stars in a crappy car though... thats boring...

i dont, that would be boring... why the hell would i watch someone testing a peugeot or a ford mondeo...

I was thinking more along the lines of mid range. For instance, they'll test an E63 AMG, an M5 or S4 but it's always top end stuff. How about a C320, BMW 330 or an A4 3.2? These are cars that more people can identify with. Granted, a Pug 106 poodling around the test track would send me to sleep also, but they could at least do it now & then with cars that more people are more likely to drive. :rolleyes:

Besides, the most entertaining thing about TG are the challenges & banter. Clarkson driving around a test track like a teenage maniac in an exotic sports car that only a select few will ever afford, for 5 minutes of the show, is nowhere near as entertaining as making a rocket out of a Reliant Robin or driving through the Deep US South in a pick up truck with "Man Love Rules" painted down the side :D :D

I think Top Gear is what it is! :) It is great entertainment with a motoring theme but NOT in anyway a serious motoring program that offers a constructive review of modern motor cars. I like it as it is and the reviews of super-cars are really letting us fulfil our dreams of getting behind the wheel of a car that otherwise we might never see.

Great entertainment and hopefully the producers are able to fine tune the program to keep it funny ;)

Regards
John

I am getting tired of stars in a crappy car though... thats boring...

I agree, but rather than scrap it, give them a car with lots of power and lets see how brave they are then.

Russ

well i dont mind the discussion with the celebs, its the racing round the track i find boring... maybe get them to do something else.. a B service maybe ;)

I normally flick over as soon as i hear the tyres screeching..

The Materia v Koenigsegg was good :D.

I think most of the celebs would struggle to fill the washer bottle. ;)
Getting them to change a wheel should be a scream :D :D :D

well i dont mind the discussion with the celebs, its the racing round the track i find boring... maybe get them to do something else.. a B service maybe ;)

I normally flick over as soon as i hear the tyres screeching..

A reasonably priced head gasket..

Cheers,

Gaz

I want to see some reviews of really powerfull old cars, CAN-AM, Group C, Group B etc, think about the old Porsche 917-30, 0-200MPH in under 11 seconds, the Veyron does it 25, that would make an entertaining comparison from a `when men were men` racing era, there was such an element of danger, those drivers must have felt so alive, I also think Will Gollops old 6R4 or Martin Schancas or Pat Dorans RS200 (all about 750-850bhp each) would takes the smiles of some of the people near the top of the power lap board

me again, what about affordable speed? review some W210 E55`s, they can still howl round the track and do powerslides in an 8K car, tip, those cars reviewed would also go up in value as it brings them to the pulic awareness, spose the insurance would too as more people will crash them, forget I said that,

I'd like it to be 2 hours long.. quality Sunday night then..

There MUST be a serious amount of outakes in show like TG. I would love to see 2 shows a week. One, the regular one hour show edited down version and another 90 minute version showing all the co*k-ups and mistakes and swearing unbleeped (shown after 9pm obviously).
A bit like they do with "Have I got news for you".

verytalldave, thats a good idea!!!

I would also like to see a chelsea tractor against a real off roader like a Pinzgauer (regular readers of my online rants will know that I favour the vehicle in question somewhat,)

something like, who can get up this mountain quicker, damn, the pinz just went in a straight line!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom