topless in the rain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sidney Plowman

Car
Honda Accord ,300SL R129
:cool: :cool: Had a weekend away in my SL a couple of weeks ago_On the way back to Lincolnshire decided to open the roof in between the showers and also call in at Gaydon motor Museum.On the way into the carpark I noticed that my drivers window would not go down then when I parked up the roof would only go half way up and not close(because the window would not go down) PANIC we told our friends that we could not stop and would have to go straight home M40 M1.the inevitable happend and we drove through a number of heavy showers we had some funny looks on the motorway I bet they thought that we were a right pair of PLONKERS or show offs or just Hard Merc Drivers.
When I got home found that the fuse had blown in the window circuit 2min job.So if you have an SL the fuses are in the boot on the drivers side along withe some spares,I wish I had known that at Gaydon.
:bannana: :bannana:

ooops :eek: how embarrassing.

I once got caught in a sudden downpour in my MGF with the roof down. Stopped to put it up - but it was such a torrent I was soaked - car was soaked etc. I was giggling away, as much coz I could feel the laughter from those passing by :D :p :eek:

Sidney Plowman said:
:cool: :cool: [snipped]
When I got home found that the fuse had blown in the window circuit 2min job.So if you have an SL the fuses are in the boot on the drivers side along withe some spares,I wish I had known that at Gaydon.
:bannana: :bannana:

I suppose the cunning MB engineers had cunningly hidden that information in what we know as an 'Owners Manual'.

Strange buggers! ;)

A shame there wasn't some kind of secondary circuit so that if the fuse blows so that you can't operate the windows from the normal switches, when the roof is activated there is a seperatly fused circuit to operate the windows.

I say this beacuse:

On my old 1990 BMW, you could operate the windows, ignition off, door open (wish MB did this).
A fault developed on my drivers window switch which meant it was arcing a bit when used and it kept popping the fuse. Until I could get to the dealer to buy a new one, I discovered that with the normal fuse blown, you got a 2nd chance by opening the door, as the window convenience feature ran from a different fuse.

GrahamC230K said:
...On my old 1990 BMW, you could operate the windows, ignition off, door open (wish MB did this)...
MB did do this feature, my father's 1987 W124 has this very feature. Shame my W202 doesn't.

S.

GrahamC230K said:
On my old 1990 BMW, you could operate the windows, ignition off, door open (wish MB did this).

My roof and windows work with the ignition off and the door open :p But my dads doesn't :(

My 97 S does this - open door and it powers up windows etc. and can close windows / sunroof from zapper.

Thinking about it one thing mine doesn't do when you open the door,None of my instrument functions work ie temp gauge,odo,trip meter or the time clock.All of which I think is quite a cool feature. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom