Topsiders

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jimmy

MB Enthusiast
Car
Discovery 3 TDV6, Discovery 300TDi - Plaything!
Before the crash there was a post regarding Topsiders or vacuum oil extractors, I said I would see if I could source some and find a price.

I have managed to find someone who can supply me with these:

Sealey Oil Extractor

The description says it all really, you use them for removing engine oil through the dipstick tube rather than conventionally through the sump plug. MB actually do this on some (all??) cars, I know our Smart car has no sump plug and I have heard that some A-class models don't either.

Personally I would prefer to drain the oil, sludge and muck out the bottom, but it does look like a good idea for intermediate oil changes. I service my own car, my other halfs Mondeo, a friends Transit and our works Smart car so it could save some time.

You can see the price they retail for but I should be able to get them for around £55 +VAT (£65).

If anybody is interested then let me know, I am calling on a favour from someone so I can only place an order once to get them at this price. No good coming back to me in a couple of weeks after they have been ordered if you want one.:mad:

Dont forget these will be delivered to me so you need to collect them or I can arrange delivery at cost. I could also handle card payments for them if needed.

I use the Sealey topsider on my A Class.
Highly recommended.
Piccies here........ Click
Iain

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom