Torchwood - Children of Earth

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

whitenemesis

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
Lexus RX450h F-Sport with Takumi Pack 2020
Fantastic :rock:

Great to see the Beeb putting this on prime-time :bannana:

Fantastic :rock:

Lots of running. Lots of rising music. Emotion. Long lingering looks. Minor gay subtext. Some poignant contemporary references. Quick convenient denouement. Irritating characterisations.

Let me think. Ah yes. Russell T Davies was behind it.

No it wasn't bad. But it was overlong and flawed. And all the RTD cliches were presented one after the other.

Great to see the Beeb putting this on prime-time

Credit to them that they will invest and take risks (but always remembering that it's at our non-commercial expense).

Irritating characterisations.

Actually I'd add that of the whole thing it was Peter Capaldi's character that stood out as being head and shoulders above the rest - both in terms of writing and acting (arguably he had the best part to work with).

Came in on episode 4. Picked up story very quickly and enjoyed it. But think 5 episodes too long. One failing - they take your kids and no-one fires a shot? Hmmm. Will make a good boxed DVD for Xmas.

But is this the end of Torchwood? Cap'n Jack just can't bugger off like that!

And Gwen is gorgeous but she needs to get her teeth sorted!! :D

I loved the build up, but the last episode let it all down.
Could have done with some better sub-plots - I expected the woman miltary henchperson and the brown coated scientist to have more to them than we got.

Have to agree with previous comments but thoroughly enjoyed all of it.

While it wasn't perfect it was a damn sight better than anything else in ages. More BBC, more!

p.s. loving Gwens gappy tooth smile.

Sorry but IMO, Doctor WHO ended when Tom Baker gave it up

All the new ones and spin-offs Bleeeeuuggggggh!

For some of this week my Facebook status has read: "there's nothing like gay welsh sci-fi". Enjoyable miniseries, quite dark in places. Strange ending.

Could have done with some better sub-plots - I expected the woman miltary henchperson and the brown coated scientist to have more to them than we got.

One of the annoying thing about the Dr Who franchise since it was restarted is that visually it tends to be quite tasty, the first few plots were novel. But actually the plots and structure are quite weak and repetitive. We get very little real character development.

Captain Jack is a cheap plot device - Captain Scarlet for the current generation - but he seems to be quite simperingly useless most of the time.

Tennant's Doctor is a holier than thou smartarse. (He's actually not a bad doctor overall but Ecclestone's was actually higher up the Baker scale IMHO).

Hmmm, I do see something in Ecclestone's performances.... but then he is a good actor anyway :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom