Torque convertor 2004 E320Cdi estate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Johnny-P

Car
2016 GLE 250d 4MATIC AMG Line
:eek:Ive been getting a vibration/irratic gear changes and a rev counter that doesnt want to stay constantan-keeps flicking up and down 500rpm even when the throttle pedal is still.

Just been to my local indi and i am booked in with him to have it hooked up to star and see whats going on.
He seems to think its the torque convertor slipping.

If it is,what am i looking at cost wise to replace and where should i be looking?
He has said that it would be 5hrs labour appx.

Many thanks in advance for your advise!!!!

I would get the TC re-furbished. I get them done for £400ish depending on fault.

A new one is £1000 from MB.

MB now do an exchange recon TC for some applications, around £550 when I asked about a W211 271 TC.

Sorry to sound like an idiot but would that be as easy as just enquiring at my local MB dealership?
How would it work,would they supply me with the recon unit and allow me to have it fitted elsewhere then i supply mine when new one fitted or would it have to be fitted there??

Also what its the part number of the one i need??

Again sorry to be a DUUUH but im new to all this!!!

Cheers

Last edited:
Sorry to sound like an idiot but would that be as easy as just enquiring at my local MB dealership?
How would it work,would they supply me with the recon unit and allow me to have it fitted elsewhere then i supply mine when new one fitted or would it have to be fitted there??

Also what its the part number of the one i need??

Again sorry to be a DUUUH but im new to all this!!!

Cheers

Yes indeedy, that simple.
There will be a refundable surcharge, and you have to check that an exchange unit is actually available, but as simple as a phone call...

Just a quick update,i had my local indy plug up STAR and lock my torque convertor and WOW its like a different car.
It pulls like a train,there is no hesitation in gear change and very smoooothe!!!
Looking back through the service history it seems it was on its way out 30k ago.
A full gearbox flush was recommended to the previous owner and was done but it seems to have been a temporary fix.
New torque convertor being fitted next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom