Toshiba e-studio 281c

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cinek

MB Enthusiast
Car
MB W204 , BMW F10, GSXR LZ3
I have just finished upgrading my current PC with 'all-in-one'type things.
Managed to transfer all the hardware but one of the printers.

Previously it was connected to Windows 7 via USB cable, and it was doing everything like it should.
After connecting it to Windows 10 machine, drivers were found and installed automatically.
However, it now refuses to print in colour. I have gone over pretty much every setting there is, from printer preferences to driver settings. All of these are set to print coolur but the printer refuses to do so.

I am starting to think that issue might be in the cable, as all ports on the computer are USB 3 and the cable and printer port's arent.
Only got one more trick up my sleeve, which is to get internet switch and connect this printer to the network, to see if this eliminates that problem.

Has anybody experienced something similiar, not necesairly with the same printer model, or even make?

As usual, any advice will be greatly appreciated.

I have just finished upgrading my current PC with 'all-in-one'type things.
Managed to transfer all the hardware but one of the printers.

Previously it was connected to Windows 7 via USB cable, and it was doing everything like it should.
After connecting it to Windows 10 machine, drivers were found and installed automatically.
However, it now refuses to print in colour. I have gone over pretty much every setting there is, from printer preferences to driver settings. All of these are set to print coolur but the printer refuses to do so.

I am starting to think that issue might be in the cable, as all ports on the computer are USB 3 and the cable and printer port's arent.
Only got one more trick up my sleeve, which is to get internet switch and connect this printer to the network, to see if this eliminates that problem.

Has anybody experienced something similiar, not necesairly with the same printer model, or even make?

As usual, any advice will be greatly appreciated.

USB3 supports earlier USB types

I had this with an HP printer going from windows 7.1 to Windows 10 and the following procedures sorted it for me:

Remove the device [printer] and remove the cable from the machine,
Remove the printer port
uninstall the drivers,
restart the machine,
install the drivers manually which should create a new port,
restart the machine
then reconnect cable and the printer [may create port now]

Thanks buddy, will definately give it a go tomorrow :)

USB3 supports earlier USB types

I had this with an HP printer going from windows 7.1 to Windows 10 and the following procedures sorted it for me:

Remove the device [printer] and remove the cable from the machine,
Remove the printer port
uninstall the drivers,
restart the machine,
install the drivers manually which should create a new port,
restart the machine
then reconnect cable and the printer [may create port now]

Tried it, and it didnt work :(

So I have tried something else. Removed all associated software and drivers. Then installed the device as network printer instead of USB one, and voila, all is working fine :)

Thanks once again for your help :thumb:

Which printer model is this?
The Drivers that Windows 10 pulls down are often Microsoft's own generic versions or the universal drivers from the manufacturer. Going back to them for a specific driver usually improves your choice of USB options - if the printer is still fully supported. But if the Ethernet connection works for you then leave well alone :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom