Total closure W202 December 1994.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dec

MB Enthusiast
Car
C180,A.
At my last main dealer service I requested the fix the total closure feature of windows/sunroof as it has stopped working and no longer closed any open windows/sunroof when I lock the car. The attributed the fault to the fact the N/S rear window was not working due to a short in the motor.

Last week I fitted a new MB window motor/regulator, hoping it would cure the problem but the total closure feature still doesn’t work.
So far I have tried disconnecting the battery overnight (positive and negative leads) reset the one touch switches for the front windows, down which has 2 positions and the up which has one position and reset the two back windows, all windows working fine, I also replaced the batteries in the key fobs.

I have a flip key, which will operate the central locking, but it doesn’t close the windows no matter how long or how close to the receiver the button is held down.

I also have a fob to operate the Scorpion alarm and locks the car which I use all the time, it is working O.K except it no longer closes the windows/sunroof

My question is, can I fix this myself, if so, how? Or must I go back to the dealer to have it reset on the STAR

Dec

Hi,

I think there is a sync you have to do if the battery has been disconnected, have you got an owners manual, if not it has been covered on here before at some point - try searching

It could also be the Comfort module in the boot that is up the creek.

Jay
I have the owner’s manual but it only covers the basics, no mention of the comfort control at all, I already tried a search but nothing relevant to my question showed up. I am hoping someone on here might have sync instructions and it can be D.I.Y.d if not its back to the dealer.

Ian
I think the Comfort module in the boot is the long box to the side of the battery (C180) , I checked it out also, well in that I wiggled the wires. I have a hunch the main dealer may have switched off this feature at the last service because of the faulty motor.
I am courious as to what you would do if you found for example the Comfort module, wiring fuses were all O.K. how would you reset the feature?

Thanks lads

Dec

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom