Totally Gutted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andy27168

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
65 Plate E350 CDI Convertible, 2006 CLS 55 AMG, 1997 C230K, 1999 C43/55 AMG
I had an accident today around midday, to say I am gutted and very upset is an understatement though I have to be thankful I am ok though I am very shaken up and a bit battered and bruised.
I will let the pics do the talking and I,m sure you will understand (the MR2 in the background to the right is the car I hit, it had just as much damage to the front of it). I should also say that no one was seriously injured in the accident, I was at the end of a pile up involving 3 other cars.

Oops.

I bet that was a bit of a rude awakening for the MR2 driver, are they Ok?

Unfortunately, I can imagine the Police taking an interest in this collision.

OMG glad you are all ok, what speed was the impact, the w202 look like it took it pritty well

Its only bent metal at the end of the day, just be thankful that everyone involved is okay.

I know that car is your baby,feel for you bud,I am glad you are ok.

I can only surmise as I'm really not sure as I was in shock afterwards, but from what I have gleamed from one of the other drivers was that someone changed lane clipping a car sending it spinning across the motorway into the path of the MR2, she then went from 70mph to 0mph almost instantly effectively halving my braking distance though I stamped on the brakes I didn't have a hope in stopping.

Oh Andy
Really gutted for you, such a shame after getting it to such a great condition.
At least you are safe and sound :thumb:

Feel sorry for you, but I have to say now is the time to start thinking about the next Merc you are going to have - yes.... :):)

Oh, so sorry to see those photos. As already mentioned, you're not injured that's the main thing. Just hope now you get the car repaired. Rock on :thumb:

Gutted for you - glad to hear you're ok!! X

Did it look like a fixer Andy, or is it gone...?

Defintely a write off no question, but could it be repaired I expect so but it won,t be by me I,m afraid.

Well what's next, are you in dream mode yet... :):)

E55 AMG perhaps? What's your preference?

Its only bent metal at the end of the day, just be thankful that everyone involved is okay.

We hope.

I see lots of posts saying they are glad Andy is ok, but the poor MR2 driver won't be able to move tomorrow. I really hope they are Ok.

Sometimes injuries take a while to become apparent as the adrenalin rush keeps one going at the scene and for a few hours.

We hope.

I see lots of posts saying they are glad Andy is ok, but the poor MR2 driver won't be able to move tomorrow. I really hope they are Ok.

Sometimes injuries take a while to become apparent as the adrenalin rush keeps one going at the scene and for a few hours.

Indeed, many years ago some tw@t left some oil on a roundabout which made me part company with my Guzzi T3. Those of you who know how heavy this bike is will be surprised to hear that I walked over, lifted it up, and went on my way.

Good stuff adrenaline.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom