Touch up paint code/colour??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

moog999

Car
E350CDI S212
Chaps....got some flaking paint of the offside passenger door handle I want to touch up.

Just wanted to ask how do I determine what versions of silver my car is (2011 s212).

Can anyone point me to a link to a touch up kit that'll match.....it doesn't need to be a perfect job byw.

Chaps....got some flaking paint of the offside passenger door handle I want to touch up.

Just wanted to ask how do I determine what versions of silver my car is (2011 s212).

Can anyone point me to a link to a touch up kit that'll match.....it doesn't need to be a perfect job byw.

Post your vin or reg and I’ll check ;)

You can get touch up paint from the dealer for £13ish or Chipex is good too :)

Your paint as given in the datacard is

BRIGHT SILVER METALLIC CLEAR COAT PAINT (775U)

Halfords sell the spray cans for MB paints.

I bought a can at my local car store yesterday £4.99 listed as Mercedes Iridium Silver, matches a treat, the code on the car is 744

£12.49 holy mother of god !!!!

It’s cheap isnt it?? For a custom mixed spray can and a can of lacquer?? (Aerosol)

I bought a can at my local car store yesterday £4.99 listed as Mercedes Iridium Silver, matches a treat, the code on the car is 744

744 is Brilliant silver, not Iridium Silver.
The only reason I know is because its my colour.

Copied from my datacard
Paint 1 BRILLIANT SILVER METALLIC (744)

744 is Brilliant silver, not Iridium Silver.
The only reason I know is because its my colour.

Copied from my datacard
Paint 1 BRILLIANT SILVER METALLIC (744)

I think he means it still matches well (it is silver after all all be it a slightly different shade) ;)

I’d still recommend getting the exact paint code though

Glasurit who were OEM paint suppliers for Mercedes[ maybe still are] used to list up to 10 variations on 744 brilliant silver according to which paint batch was used at the factory. If you go to a motor factors who offer a paint matching service they will come out to their car park with special paint cards to get the best match for your car- they will use that data to custom mix your precise colour. I have always found this to the most accurate method- better than online suppliers using paint codes alone and sometimes even MB themselves for that matter.

Glasurit who were OEM paint suppliers for Mercedes[ maybe still are] used to list up to 10 variations on 744 brilliant silver according to which paint batch was used at the factory. If you go to a motor factors who offer a paint matching service they will come out to their car park with special paint cards to get the best match for your car- they will use that data to custom mix your precise colour. I have always found this to the most accurate method- better than online suppliers using paint codes alone and sometimes even MB themselves for that matter.

I would agree. The 744 Brilliant silver touch up I bought was a completely different shade to the car.

Don’t buy from Halfords it’s too expensive :D

I got my custom mixed spray paint can & lacquer for £12.49 delivered from me below eBay store: spray paint Lacquer mix to code colour mixed custom car AEROSOL Van Panel Match | eBay

Bargain and excellent quality.

For touch up just spray a bit into the lid and use a normal paintbrush.

Thanks, ordered and should be coming this week. Thinking I'm going to take the door handle off and spray the whole thing rather than touch it up.....assuming I can get the handle off easy enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom