Touch ups :)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dog68

Car
Mercedes s500
Having not long owned my car, i want it as smart as i can, so today a bought a can of obsidian black from halfords, (as well as all the other stuff) had a small scuff area on rear bumper, and i must say that the match was spot on.

have you any photos of the touch up paint/repair..?

Having not long owned my car, i want it as smart as i can, so today a bought a can of obsidian black from halfords, (as well as all the other stuff) had a small scuff area on rear bumper, and i must say that the match was spot on.

No, i haven't, but will take some tomorrow. its only minor work, i have a two tank compressor, but did not warrant that.

i thought of going down the same route with a touch up paint for a long hair line scratch i had on the w208 - but ended up having it done by a body shop in the end.

what is the color code for the obsidian black paint used in 97?

As i didnt take a before photo of the bumper, here are photos from what i did today.

Attachments

• IMG0077A.jpg
    IMG0077A.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG0082A.jpg
    IMG0082A.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 165
Using a cocktail stick to apply the paint in some deep scratches, second pic, end result.

Great job btw.

I take it you flattend the area with 1200 grade wet & dry and then polished with rubbing compound or similar?

Thank you :) I used 1500 wet/dry, rubbing compond, & colour restorer + polish.

Great job! At first I saw the first pic and thought whaaaaaa? Then realized that was before.

Agreed the obsidian black from halfords is very good, I think the application pin and brush is better than Mercedes.

When I have touched in the stone chips, I only ever drop the paint in the chip and then leave it. I daren't apply wet and dry for fear of damaging the rest of the paint? More so now with my e coupe. I would love someone to show me how it's done :) .

Thank you :) I used 1500 wet/dry, rubbing compond, & colour restorer + polish.

Did you buff the rubbing compound by hand or mechanically?

Is obsidian black a metallic paint? If so, did you not need to apply a coat of clear coat?

I've only just realised what you did. That looks awsome! I have a spot or two of touch up on my car so whats the process for this? Can you please provide a step by step?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom