Touching up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nebulaman

Car
C200k (2001)
That thread title should bring up some interesting results on google.

I have loads of stonechips which I am planning on touching up. I want to get a good finish so I want to take my time. The problem is that I don't have a drive or access to shelter. I know I need to leave the laquer 24hrs to harden so is it ok to leave the car exposed to the elements and passing traffic or is there something I can use to protect the area without getting it stuck to the repair?

overnight carpark, lol, neighbur who's got a garage free for a weekend?
cheapo gazebo?!!! lol.

I had a good look at the number a paint chips on the bonnet are there are literaly hundreds of varying severity. I would say that the number that have exposed metal is a good 30-40% of the chips. I would say that it needs a respray but its a 1995 car and I'm looking to upgrade soon. I got the car just to see how I get on with mercs.... I'm hooked so just save the pennies and upgrade! I don't really want to spend loads of money on my current car.

just wait for a nice dry day and do the chips at the side of the road. i have done this in the past and its been fine. For chips, it may not be worth using the laquer, sometimes the final job looks better without.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom