Tougher than you think

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickmann

Car
Porsche 911
Hi All.

Went diving this afternoon. I was at 35m, went to my pocket for something, and was less than pleased to pull out my car keyfob and my phone. I must have put them there between dives as I never normally even have them with me when I'm diving but we had gone ashore for lunch.

Needless to say the phone was scrap this was apparent at the surface. I was annoyed because I thought I'd need to call home for the spare set.

All onboard the boat said they'd done the same thing, with the same result - new keys required.

Guess what? When we got back the fob worked perfectly. I opened it up and it's not even damp inside.

MB does it right!! Pity they don't make phones.

My Dad went swimming in the sea with a peugeot fob, guess what... it was knackerd...:)

Not sure if this works.

This what I was told by a friend.

My friend managed to lock his key fob inside the car. He then phoned his wife at home who had the other key fob at home. While on his mobile he faced his mobile towards the car while his wife pressed the key fob on the other side of the phone and he claimed this opened his car.

Does anyone know if this id true or what?

Mercedes cozy said:
It's not:
http://www.snopes.com/autos/techno/keyless.asp

As pointed out in the item, I have heard of people trying this outside their houses and thinking it works, but in reality the key being pressed inside the house would have worked anyway.

Mercedes cozy said:
Not sure if this works.

This what I was told by a friend.

My friend managed to lock his key fob inside the car. He then phoned his wife at home who had the other key fob at home. While on his mobile he faced his mobile towards the car while his wife pressed the key fob on the other side of the phone and he claimed this opened his car.

how in the world do you manage to lock your keys in your car :confused: :confused: when you get conditioned to locking it with the remote as you walk away from car these days :confused: . In the very bad old days, I used to press the door lock button down as I got out of the car, which did result in locking the car with the keys still in the ignition occasionally, but never these days with remote central locking. But I will rush out and try it tomorrow sometime and see if it works:p

automaniac said:
how in the world do you manage to lock your keys in your car :confused: :confused: when you get conditioned to locking it with the remote as you walk away from car these days :confused: . In the very bad old days, I used to press the door lock button down as I got out of the car, which did result in locking the car with the keys still in the ignition occasionally, but never these days with remote central locking. But I will rush out and try it tomorrow sometime and see if it works:p

Well I know this friend and these kind of things are possible for him as he accidently pressed the central locking butten inside the car.

anyone with the remote boot release will know all to well that sickening feeling of knowing the lights have just flashed as the car locks, and your keys are still in the boot!

in that nice safe bit just by the light access, where you leave them whilst you grapple with your goodies in the boot and deftly shut the lid with that arm movement you do when both hands are full!

Even worse is when your house keys are on the fob too, and you hadnt unlocked the door, and the phone is still in the arm rest cradle!

And then then children say, nice car Mr, as you supress the inclination to shout the windows in of your house, and blame everyone in the world!

Not that I have ever done it you understand!:D

But if anyone has one of them safety lock things on their front door that is the improvment on the old chain. I can assure you they are not very secure!

I used to drive for Parcelforce, and once, at the end of a very very busy day, managed to lock myself out of the van with the engine running!!!

This sounds more dozy than it is- I used to drive with front doors locked for obvious reasons, and happened to nip out of the side loading door for a drop (OK, engine running was inexcusable), which promptly locked itself!!

Depot manager was less than impressed....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom