Touring in Cornwall, not Scotland, for a change

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Your turning into Alan Whicker before our very eyes Steve!

Fantastic photos and write-up.

Keep up the good work!

I have lived in Plymouth for the past 2 years, and must get out more lol . . fantastic and a great read, enjoyed it and I shall venture out these coming months.
Thanks

Looked like a nice trip.

But...never heard of Martin Clunes?
Men behaving badly?
Your education is sadly lacking.

Here's one I took 2 years ago:

Attachments

• php7mRviJPM.jpg
    php7mRviJPM.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 48
Great pictures and report as usual, Steve. I'm glad you saw and ate plenty. :thumb:

I've ingested two further Chicken Rogan Josh's from The Balti since we ate. :cool:

Good choice of destination! :)

I would say so, completely different to up here. A much warmer climate. All the locals were in jeans/jumpers, I was in shorts/T shirt. Its so much warmer and a kinder climate than here. Other than Northern Ireland and where I am, its one of the few places in the UK I would have been genuinely happy to live/been brought up in

Your turning into Alan Whicker before our very eyes Steve!

Fantastic photos and write-up.

Keep up the good work!

I genuinely love touring, photography (although I am no where near the level I want to be in this, but I will get there). I even enjoy writing these threads, brings back the memory and makes the holiday come back to life.

Steve's World. It has ring to it. :):)

NZL next??

I once concocted an idea, Steve's world also known as hog land. Its quite wonderful, roads without speed limits, limitless food, a minimal amount of work needed (just enough to keep me in routine 3 shifts/week and 4x rate of pay). its wonderful just thinking of it.

I have lived in Plymouth for the past 2 years, and must get out more lol . . fantastic and a great read, enjoyed it and I shall venture out these coming months.
Thanks

Everyone needs to explore their own parts more. Ringway suggested a place called the balti in Alderly Edge. Its not far from Manchester but there is lovely country side. Nice places are on your door step, go exploring.
Looked like a nice trip.

But...never heard of Martin Clunes?
Men behaving badly?
Your education is sadly lacking.

Here's one I took 2 years ago:

I have seen men behaving badly, James mentioned "Martin Clunes". I said who is that, I did not know you had a mate in Cornwall. I got a very puzzled look and he then said "Doc Martin". I was like what "the shoes". He I think gave up at that point and said it was a show on the television. I asked whether it was a comedy as I know he likes comedy. He despaired. Then there was a poster and I said, I have seen that face before and he was like, the penny dropped but I still thought if I saw that man I would walk straight past them without knowing who they were....
Great pictures and report as usual, Steve. I'm glad you saw and ate plenty. :thumb:

I've ingested two further Chicken Rogan Josh's from The Balti since we ate. :cool:

Nice one mate, really really good curry house. Thanks again for organising the mini meet up and it was a cracking evening with all on top form.

Getting a reservation in the Seafood Restaurant (especially once the season has started ) is difficult ...

Booked up months in advance.

Sod it. I'll dine elsewhere, I guess you pay for the name mostly.

I went to Gordon Ramsays place in Glasgow. My folks took me as a present for passing all my school exams.

It was a lovely meal yes, but no better than a restaurant we ate in for my grandmothers birthday, which is a very good restaurant called Gamba. Not as expensive and you could get a table, we had to go to Ramsays joint on a Thursday as weekends were booked out for yonks and as I was a disaster area, it was deemed best to celebrate what little success I had before I got into more minor mischief.

Looks like you had a whale of a time. Or at least a haddock. :D

With all the Martins - Martin Clunes and Doc Martin - I can see why you got confused, but it's Port Isaac rather than Saint Martin where the TV series is filmed. We've seen them filming there a few times.

Looks like you had a whale of a time. Or at least a haddock. :D

With all the Martins - Martin Clunes and Doc Martin - I can see why you got confused, but it's Port Isaac rather than Saint Martin where the TV series is filmed. We've seen them filming there a few times.

Indeed, so sorry, when you say it I realise. I am not the sharpest knife in the block:(:eek:

Port Isaac, it does ring a bell now.

Lovely place to visit. Really good icecream shop there/

Wow!!!

Beautiful images mate... lucky for some, lol :D

You know me. I am very much a "work to live" bloke, always have a wee jolly lined up or something or other.

Actually turned down what would be considered an opportunity so that I could have it a little easier and a little more time on my hands...

Some cracking shots, I love the "Field of Gold" shot.

If you ever make it back, Lulworth Cove has some cracking views. If you feel adventurous there is a company that does Jurassic Coast Tours in kayaks.

Lulworth Cove Pano - Photosynth

Pano from the beach (I am not adventurous enough, I like my transport motorised....)

Some cracking shots, I love the "Field of Gold" shot.

If you ever make it back, Lulworth Cove has some cracking views. If you feel adventurous there is a company that does Jurassic Coast Tours in kayaks.

Lulworth Cove Pano - Photosynth

Pano from the beach (I am not adventurous enough, I like my transport motorised....)

We took a ride on Waverly round Portland Bill and into Lulworth Cove. It was a great experience on a proper paddle steamer.
There is something memorising about watching a triple expansion engine at work.

Paddle Steamer Waverley

Once again Steve, great photo's. Many thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom