Tow bar removal.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Zahmed97

Car
Mercedes b class
Hi guys I have this attached to the Mercedes B class I am currently driving. Is it possible to remove? If so how do I go about doing it ? 60989A03-E88E-46B7-91CF-4DDAB1759832.jpeg

Hi guys I have this attached to the Mercedes B class I am currently driving. Is it possible to remove? If so how do I go about doing it ? View attachment 107900
It is possible to remove, but you’ll need some big spanners, and you may need to remove the bumpers given that you’re asking the question I would suggest asking a towbar fitter to do it for you 👍🏻

I imagine mechanical removal is very straight forward. You may need some rubber bungs to close off any holes into the boot. The only concern I would have is that don't modern MB's need coding when a towbar is fitted, in which case is coding needed when it's removed ?

As Bobby suggested towbar bolts are usually torqued up to pretty high figures - you are likely to need a substantial breaker bar (or good impact driver) to shift them. I've only done it once and it took me a whole afternoon of swearing - the suggestion of paying a fitter to whip it off is a good one IMHO :D

Have a look under the car, sometimes the bit you can see is bolted onto the frame of the tow bar and may just need unbolting, leaving the main frame of the tow bar behind. You may need a motor electrician to remove the electrics, depending on type fitted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom