Towbar electrics

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rusalka

Hi,

I am about to get a detachable towbar fitted to my 2006 E220 Estate, but have been told that I need specific electical connections into the can-bus system and that someone will need to access the cars electronics to tell the car a towbar has been fitted. Has anyone fitted a detachable towbar with electric recently and has the electrics been a problem?

Cheers

Simon

CAN BUS and Towbar

Hi,

I am about to get a detachable towbar fitted to my 2006 E220 Estate, but have been told that I need specific electical connections into the can-bus system and that someone will need to access the cars electronics to tell the car a towbar has been fitted. Has anyone fitted a detachable towbar with electric recently and has the electrics been a problem?

Cheers

Simon

Hi,

Could you tell me what towbar you got and if you sorted out the CAN BUS or electrics please. I am contemplating having one fitted to my E class estate but would prefer to fit it myself as I have little faith in most of the suppliers, including merc, that I have spoken to.

Regards,

George

I have just fitted a Brink detachable to my 2003 E estate. Talk to these people http://www.rightconnections.co.uk/ very helpfull and their kits are easy to fit and fully integrate with the vehicles electronics. The bulb failure works on the trailer too. The kits are excellent quality, a little more expensive than a bypass relay but well worth the extra.

Mention James from Express Autoparts, you might get a little discount:) worth a try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom