Towbar for 180K Sports Coupe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

teuchter

Car
2006 180K Sports Coupe
Anyone know where to buy a tow bar for a 2006 180K Sports Coupe , preferably detachable?
tia

Hello

I would think so look for Westfailer make, Ive had these on two cars now and completely detachable unlike some that you can still see bits of them...

Bit of the topic but...

Why would anyone want a towbar on a coupe?

Kind of like glasses on a super model!

Thanks all for the info; will only tow on the odd occasion a camping trailer with my kids, hence the detachable option, lol I’ll pm you a picture when I get coupled Baron_Samedi just to make sure your okay with this.

Detachable ones are far neater. As mentioned, many factory-fit towbars are actually made by Westfalia (my Vito one is, also the VW Sharan I had previously).

As mentioned though not all modern cars are type-approved for towing (because of the cost to the manufacturer of this process). It is illegal to fit a towbar to one that isn't.

I have a factory fit towbar and it is completely invisible when not fitted....in fact neither I or the MB salesman realised that it had a towbar fitted at first....it was only when I saw the car for a 2nd time I realised that a towbar was installed!!

Thanks all for the info; will only tow on the odd occasion a camping trailer with my kids, hence the detachable option, lol I’ll pm you a picture when I get coupled Baron_Samedi just to make sure your okay with this.

Cheeky sod!

Was just remarking at the apparent wrongness of harnessing Desert Orchid to a wagon

:crazy:

I think the MB detachable towbar fitted to my car is an Oris by Bosal....Westfalia do a simialr one here

Ouch! For reference, the bumper has to be cut, price with four and a half hours labour fitted from Mercedes £1374.00 inc vat

Are you sure it is necessary to cut the bumper?

Yes for sure, as with the Witter option, also had a news with the Mercedes mechanic, apparently when the rear bumper is removed Mercedes have etched the appropriate section to be cut and the Mercedes variant comes with a clip on cover so when the ball is detached.

Info from Towbars Direct:

CL203 .......... PDF of towbar fitting plans: http://tinyurl.com/nbv943

• Westfalia vertical swanneck automatic detachable - £256.00
  • 7 pin 12N single vehicle specific electrical kit - £122.00
  • 7 pin 12N single universal electrical kit with interface bypass relay - £26.45
  • Delivery to UK mainland (excluding IV & KW postcode areas) - £10.00

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom