Towbar saves the day again!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SilverSaloon

MB Enthusiast
Car
1994 W124 E300D Estate, 1985 R107 280SL
Hi

my W124 was bumped from behind today as a stopped at traffic lights (car in front of me slammed brakes on a bit, i then broke hard, but lady behind didnt so much :mad:).

Anyway, it was just a little bump and luckily the towbar saved the day again. No visible damage to towbar either so we both went on our way. Lady's front bumper was also still intact.

Thats the 4th time i believe my towbar has saved the day.

If it was a bigger bump then i would have took her details just incase but it wasnt so bad and i predicted it happening at the time so took foot of brake pedal to minimise damage.

Derek

BRINKSmanship ?

Don't be towsure about that !

Then I apologise for the Carrite-on .

I suBosel you think that's funny?

Another Westfalia on my part then ?

Stop all this, and get back to the daily (G)Rhind. (only towbar related name i can think of apart from the ones above is my own's "maker" :D)

I remember when I had a towbar on my van (Vauxhall Combo - small van), somebody drove into the back of me quite hard when I was stationary and I moved forward a good few feet (luckily far enough from the car in front not to hit it). No damage to my towbar, but the sides of his bumper were off its mounts, and there was a nice tennis ball sized hole in the middle of his number plate.

Just as well it wasn't one of those trick Nissan GTR thingys that bumped into you :)

Towbars also have the opposite effect.

A little bit of over zealous reversing, results in ....... no damage to your
vehicle!! :ban:

That depends on the car, an old Ford Sierra reversed into a wall with a tow bar on and wrote the car off, the boot floor pan just twisted like a piece of tin foil.

I remember when I had a towbar on my van (Vauxhall Combo - small van), somebody drove into the back of me quite hard when I was stationary and I moved forward a good few feet (luckily far enough from the car in front not to hit it). No damage to my towbar, but the sides of his bumper were off its mounts, and there was a nice tennis ball sized hole in the middle of his number plate.

I got rear ended in my 300TE when stopped at the bottom of a motorway slip road , waiting to join a roundabout : Mr Vectra came down far too fast , braked too late and - BANG !

I suffered some scratches to the paint and the plastic trim strip along the bottom of the W124 tailgate was cracked ; the Vectra looked like it had been wrapped round a lamp post with the bumper Vee'd in about a foot , bonnet crumpled , radiator burst and both headlamps smashed :D:D:D

The guy then said something like 'I have an appointment to get to , what am I going to do ???' ; I replied something like 'That's YOUR problem' with very little sympathy . Still got the Police out as no witnesses . His insurance ( Direct Line ) phoned up within the hour agreeing to pay for everything . Still annoying as I hadn't even had the car a week at that point .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom