Towed away this morning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marc777

Banned
Car
E270 cdi Avantgarde; Wifes car Yellow VW Beetle (new shape)
Well. today was the first time a MB has ever let me down.

The car just would not start, and Mobilo have confirmed that it is a problem with the injectors.

So if you have a CDI which becomes a bit slow to start (which mine has in recent 10 days), then be prepared for complete failure due to the injectors.

The car is 2 years old, 320000 miles, and I am more than a bit disaapointed.

Still, hopefully its covered by warranty, and Mobilo were quite quick to respond and rake it away. A courtesy car is being delivered this afternoon.

Marc

marc777 said:
Well. today was the first time a MB has ever let me down.

The car just would not start, and Mobilo have confirmed that it is a problem with the injectors.

So if you have a CDI which becomes a bit slow to start (which mine has in recent 10 days), then be prepared for complete failure due to the injectors.

The car is 2 years old, 320000 miles, and I am more than a bit disaapointed.

Still, hopefully its covered by warranty, and Mobilo were quite quick to respond and rake it away. A courtesy car is being delivered this afternoon.

Marc

Is the mileage an "error" mate. :confused:

Sorry to hear about this, let us know how you get on. :crazy:

Sounds exactly the same problem I had mate. They changed all the injectors but it turned out to be the high pressure pump at the front of the block, I knew something was going to happen soon as it would take longer to turn over and got progresively worse. Not sure if it's the same pump on the 5 cylinder units as the 6 but there was known issues with the pump on my car, I'm on my second.
Best luck but if the injectors don't sort it might be worth mentioning about the pump. :)

Brian WH said:
Is the mileage an "error" mate. :confused:

:D

Could be feasible if you are a taxi driver, it equates to about 444 mile per day.

Should be covered under warranty.

My 320 cdi is now two years old with 30000 had similar problem with starting they replaced injectors, pump, common rail and glow plugs total bill for parts £875.00 made a fuss and managed to get anothers years full warranty out of MB at Milton keynes

My hands must have been shaking when I typed the mileage! "Only" 32000.

Useful to know about the high pressure pump Marcos, thanks.

PLGIBSON, based on the PM's I have had and the messages here, I don't plan on this costing me. It seems to be a known problem. Besides, MK already extended the warranty on the back of previous problems. At this rate i'll be onto a lifetime warranty! Its still invaluable going into a dealership with the sort of background and experiences that other forum members are able to provide. Adds weight to one's complaint/issues!

Just had a E270CDI estate delivered (SILVER - what else)- never had an estate. Looking forward to the comparison as this one is brand new, whereas my car was one of the first E270's out. Compliments of Mobilo/National.

Marc

Don't forget to try the new brake features Marc, where it holds it in traffic etc.

looks like i will be driving a lexus next jd power says it all prestige mark umm built on the cheap and they dont care

There are some known issues relating to injectors dribbling and leaking.

Dealers have now been instructed to perform updates to all cars within VIN ranges without telling customers. Ha ha.
Updates are to Navigation software, brake system software and renew brake fluid, fuel injectors and pumps.
Apparently there have been a very few cases of electric brake failure, but the update fixes it. That's nice to know. :)

Can't remember anymore, my heads a bit fuzzy.

CD Injectors complete failure and Tow Away.

Hi Mark,
New member so I hope this reaches. having difficulty understanding 'threads'.The only threads I know are on the wife's sewing info sheets.

I have had diesels now for years both mercs, Audis and BMW. I have a BM 330d and a merc 300td at present . In the circle I have mixed with and I have been in the trade all my life (retired now) I have always added a few drops of REDEX diesel fuel additive to every fill up on my diesels.

I have never replaced an injector in my life and I have had some high mileage cars.

I would be interested in your and other members views on this . At present I am negotiating to change the Merc for a 320cd . Have mercs got a problem with these newer models.
Any comments appreciated.
regards Roy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom