Tower Crane repair

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I went right past the area on the train last Saturday, the jib of the repair crane was laid out full length on the roadway. It was a sad sight to see the broken jib still on top of the building knowing what had happened.

Had that crane on my last Project lifting a bridge section into place between a jetty we built on River Thames, just opposite Fords at Dagenham, and an Energy from Waste Plant. Costs /day or week are astronomical.
Same crane also lifted tower sections on the Etihad cable car at North Greenwich recently - not many of those around.

Hmm. That company, Ainscough, has a depot not far down the road from me. Leyland Lancashire. Nice to see an NW company down The Smoke.

Hmm. That company, Ainscough, has a depot not far down the road from me. Leyland Lancashire. Nice to see an NW company down The Smoke.

I think Standish is hq but thrre are 28 depots around the country, unsure where that crane is based though.

I've worked in Mr Ainscough's house which was formerly owned (and I think built for) by the Guinness family. It's a very nice place indeed.

Ainscough have the largest cranes in the uk and have seen the 1000 tonner
when i worked in portsmouth naval base a few years ago,it took 2 days to put together for a job lasting 4 hours and cost £250,000 a day

That's why Main Contracting is so risky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom