Toyo Proxes S/T

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mactech

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Porsche Macan S, BMW i3
It’s that time of year when I tend to put my cars back on smaller ‘winter’ wheels.
The ML has gone back to its OE 19” with Bridgestone ER30 tyres.
They do not begin to compare with the Toyo Proxes ST that have been on the 20” wheels since March! Both sets have now about 10k miles on them, so I am comparing eggs with eggs.
The average tread depth on the Toyo’s is over 7mm, the Bridgestone 6mm. the Toyo’s are wearing twice as well as the Bridgestone’s!
But its gets better, as the Toyo’s have better grip wet or dry, better ride comfort and have less road noise and are slightly cheaper!
These tyres are OEM on X5, Touareg and Cayenne. They also hold the speed record for an SUV(!) and I can’t fault them!
If you run a road based 4x4 you should seriously consider these. I’m very fussy about tyres and …..I have no connection with Toyo!:eek:
I normally agree that the big names make the best tyres, but as others have found, there are other good tyres about such as the well recomended on this forum Falken 452.:)

Impressive mileage! And that's with your wife driving mostly too? :D

Back in the day, most Michelins and in particular Dunlop Denovos couldn't even do that mileage, and that was with a compound much like bakelite, i.e. hard as concrete. And they offered bakelite-like levels of grip too. :eek:

Good stuff!

I have the toyo T1R's all round, they also have mega grip especially when they get warmed up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom