Toyos

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MainMan

Car
SLK 320
Anybody tried Toyo Proxes T1-S? I need new rear tyres and I'm not going to buy S03s again because the last lot have worn out in 8k. The Toyos are about half the price and the reviews on mytyres look encouraging.

S03's are a very soft compound, I think about 8K is good.

Toyo is regarded as a budget brand (me runs for cover) so maybe you might want to choose something in between?

Goodyear Eagle F1's come highly recommended.

GrahamC230K said:
Toyo is regarded as a budget brand (me runs for cover) .
Its OK Graham - I won't bite you !

I've been running Toyo T1-S for the last 15k miles.

I wouldn't class them as budget, given that I could have paid a lot less for other makes of tyres, and a lot more for the Goodyears - I'd say they were somewhere in between - but have a similar tread pattern to the Goodyears.

However, I have been very pleased with them, and wouldn't hesitate to recommend. After 15k miles, I still have a good 6mm of tread all round.

www.mytyres.net were the cheapest place that I could find them at the time.

S.

Toyo's have a budget reputation and are perceived as cheap but are actually very good tyres with a very good reputation.

Its what I'm having on mine next!

No real reason apart from the TVR fraternity rate them as a good performance tyre, and I fancy a change from EcoContacts

im afraid i agree with Jimmy, they are a budget brand, but good tyres, have had the low profile ones on a set of 17`s in the past, good for the money!

currently running pirelli rosso`s on the front and goodyear F1`s on the rear

Very suprised to hear the SO3 only lasted 8k. I had a full set 265/40/17 315/35/17 on an Alpina 7 series. That car is driven well especially the cornering, they've been on for 14K and have 5mm alround left. They are a harder compound than people think and the performance is only just starting to wear off ( no pun intended) I would highly rate them.

Toyo's are a fairly big seller in many parts of the world, are are not necessarily a budget tyre in any way shape or form. The pound is quite strong against asian currencies, which keeps the prices low.

By the way, anyone tried the P Zero Neros?? I fancy a set of those for the next Nurburgring trip.... ;-)

Goodyear Eagle F1's RULE OK...........
245/40x18 fronts, 275/35x18 rears...

Good for Nurburgring....... :p

Ask my passengers... :rolleyes:

Had a set of Assymetric P Zero on a previous car, a little noisy but well grippy although not as much as I thought in the wet.

Mind you I had the assymetrics alround, they say to put assy on the front and Rosso on the rear is better but at those prices who can mess about!

I would buy them again

doriant said:
Goodyear Eagle F1's RULE OK...........
245/40x18 fronts, 275/35x18 rears...

Good for Nurburgring....... :p

Ask my passengers... :rolleyes:
Yup it was good for the Nurburgring, I was one of the passengers :D Mind you I have Eagle F1's on the back of my car too, Michelin Pilot HX's up front and they were good for the Nurburgring too ;) Umm you could ask my passenger. How's it going Dor?

S.

Alps said:
im afraid i agree with Jimmy,

Hmm, a few people have used that exact phrase recently. what's wrong with agreeing with me? :confused:

:bannana: NURBURGRING :bannana: NURBURGRING :bannana: !!!!

sorry Jimmy, bad wording on my part mate!

I have just had T1-S Proxes fitted to the rear ( 225 50 16 ) on my C320.
So far so good, definately feel more confident than the Pirelli 6000's I had.
I'll update on wear later.

The Toyos are superb - TVR fit them as standard.

I has a 200bhp Volvo with 231lb of torque through the front wheels, the Toyos were better than any of the 'premium' brands I tried both in terms of wear and traction, particularly in the wet.

I'll be putting Toyos on this one when needed - not that I'll need them very often with virtually zero wheel spin:crazy: - damn thing cuts out at 4000 revs when stationary:mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom