Toyota Problems Go from Bad to Worse

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hawk20

MB Enthusiast
Car
ML250 BlueTEC Sport Jan 2013
Toyota owners in the United States have filed dozens of group lawsuits claiming that massive safety recalls have hammered the value of their cars in an action which could cost the company more than £2 billion.

http://latestnews.virginmedia.com/news/world/2010/03/09/toyota_sued_over_falling_car_values

The US Government has now received allegations of 34 deaths linked to suddenly accelerating Toyotas since 2000.
And today Toyota has indicated that it may delay the launch of its new cars for 2010 - including the Auris and RAV4 models in Europe - to ensure they meet quality and safety requirements.

http://uk.autoblog.com/2010/03/09/us-police-stops-another-runaway-prius-as-toyota-prepares-to-delay/

Also being sued for ‘misleading’ shareholders: -
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE61758B20100209

Mercedes must be hoping that owners of the new E class with failing injectors on the four-pot diesels don't get similarly willing to go to court.

Absolutely ridiculous, anything for a few dollars they don't have to work for. This stinks, A blame and claim culture, so far up its own ****, that all they can think of is what can I claim for. I'm sorry but I despise this kind of theft. What were Toyota doing, only possibly saving their lives. and they repay by suing. B0LL0CKS. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! rant over for now.!:wallbash::doh::ban::wallbash::dk::eek::crazy::mad::confused::ban:

In simple "claims4you" type situations I would heartily agree with the sentiments expressed here.

However, these actions by groups in the US serve to highlight problems with product that would ordinarily be brushed off by large corporations.

I doubt very much whether the actual people involved will make much out of such claims, other than satisfaction that someone official has heard their voice.

In simple "claims4you" type situations I would heartily agree with the sentiments expressed here.

However, these actions by groups in the US serve to highlight problems with product that would ordinarily be brushed off by large corporations.

I doubt very much whether the actual people involved will make much out of such claims, other than satisfaction that someone official has heard their voice.
I do not agree, I'm sorry, but in order for a claim to go forward it has to have a net benefit for the compainant, ergo; sue thier a$$. In my book, Toyota deserve a little better, I don't work for them, am not affiliated with them, and do not and never have owned or driven a Toyota. However, I would like to point out that they are doing preventative measures and not reactive remedial work. Recalling MILLIONS of cars for potential problems will cost the company BILLIONS, far more than sporadic law suits ever would, but by publicising in the press the intention to bring law suits, will in my eyes bring everyone out of the woodwork, i.e. Anyone who has ever been run over by a Toyota, forget that the driver could be an absolute moron with a death wish, and then you will get those who want to claim for actually being in a Toyota, what next !!!! I saw a Toyota last week, and it upset me, can we sue.?????????????? RANT NOW SIMMERING !!!:crazy:

:mad::ban::doh::wallbash:

One thing is for certain with these actions, the lawyers involved will get richer.

Mercedes has nothing to fear on injectors - there aren't many (any?) buyers of their latest diesels in the US.

I'm with t'Baron here.

This is I think called a Class Action in the States, and is completely different to the BlameToClaim type of thing. Which I hasten to add, is (IMO) worse here in the UK than it is in the States.

Yep,

More of those actions ought to be initiated here.

But they won't because apathy won't inspire enough affected individuals to get off their hinds in the common good.

To me this whole situation is bordering on hysteria and is very like the situation Audi found themselves in the States in the late 80's. It went like this

• fat old duffer drives his car through the garage wall when trying to park
  • 100 other people claim their Audis did the same thing
  • mass hysteria, huge court case, Audi lose 90% of their sales in the US
  • it later turns out that Americans aren't used to relatively small and close Euro foot pedals and are hitting the accelerator and brake at some time
Doh

And that's hysteria because....?

Awdi didn't research the market and design a car suitable for the US market and caused users to have an accident - allegedly.

Any company in the same position should expect the same outcome.

Unfortunately, even though the world is shrinking each market has its own needs.

If companies fail to recognise this or are too complacent to care, they will go the way of the dodo.

I do not agree, I'm sorry, but in order for a claim to go forward it has to have a net benefit for the compainant, ergo; sue thier a$$. In my book, Toyota deserve a little better, I don't work for them, am not affiliated with them, and do not and never have owned or driven a Toyota. However, I would like to point out that they are doing preventative measures and not reactive remedial work. Recalling MILLIONS of cars for potential problems will cost the company BILLIONS, far more than sporadic law suits ever would, but by publicising in the press the intention to bring law suits, will in my eyes bring everyone out of the woodwork, i.e. Anyone who has ever been run over by a Toyota, forget that the driver could be an absolute moron with a death wish, and then you will get those who want to claim for actually being in a Toyota, what next !!!! I saw a Toyota last week, and it upset me, can we sue.?????????????? RANT NOW SIMMERING !!!:crazy:

:mad::ban::doh::wallbash:

What? A bit like this?

And that's hysteria because....?

Awdi didn't research the market and design a car suitable for the US market and caused users to have an accident - allegedly.

Any company in the same position should expect the same outcome.

Unfortunately, even though the world is shrinking each market has its own needs.

If companies fail to recognise this or are too complacent to care, they will go the way of the dodo.

Americans (and many this side of the pond) may be stupid, but surely they can understand the concept of 'stop' and 'go' in relation to two pedals. Nowadays, companies have to asume all of us are complete morons just in case some lawyer manages to find a weakness and a reason to sue on behalf of some mouthbreathing, underclass sh*t-for-brains. These are the same people who buy a coffee, spill it on themselves, then complain that it was hot and burnt them, the people who gorge themselves on supersize portions of burger and chips, then try to sue McDonald's for making them obese. There's no cure for stupidity, and since Darwinian evolution essentially stopped, its idiots like these who are cleansed from the gene pool by these accidents.

CAUTION: Do not stab yourself in the eye with this posting. It's contents may be hot and contain nuts. Now wash your hands.

What? A bit like this?

Is he retrospectively blaming the car now that there's been bad publicity concerning the Prius? The cops and Toyota said there's nothing wrong with it. To a observer, it could look like a dithering old fool who's made a tragic mistake. He's 73 yrs old, he wears glasses, what else is wrong with him? I'm sure there must be something physical and/or psychological wrong with him to have caused the accident. I think there comes a time in everyone's life when they need to hang up their driving gloves.

Mercedes must be hoping that owners of the new E class with failing injectors on the four-pot diesels don't get similarly willing to go to court.

Nipped to the dealers just now, guess what was being rolled off a recovery truck out front?

CDI!

Incorrect.

Do not mistake the fact that people will group together to litigate something that is unjust with a desire to exploit a system.

There is nothing "Darwinian" about seeking legal redress for a known problem.

The greater misdeed is to let things pass because "someone else will take care of it".

Our nation has become a prime example of this over the last thirty years.

No prizes for spotting the event that sparked off the demise of our society..

Is he retrospectively blaming the car now that there's been bad publicity concerning the Prius? The cops and Toyota said there's nothing wrong with it. To a observer, it could look like a dithering old fool who's made a tragic mistake. He's 73 yrs old, he wears glasses, what else is wrong with him? I'm sure there must be something physical and/or psychological wrong with him to have caused the accident. I think there comes a time in everyone's life when they need to hang up their driving gloves.
Sadly, this is exactly the problem I face with my 84 year old father! He thinks he's a great driver, but to ride with him is a white knuckle ride at best and darn right horrifying at worst! :eek: He sees nothing around him and doesn't even realise when he's carved someone up!! The comedy is that he's the first to criticise other people for bad driving!!! :doh:

How do I get him to hang up the driving gloves?? He's not exactly a push over!...

They must be thanking their 3 pointed star that they don't sell a four-pot anything in the US, especially, horror of horrors, a four-pot diesel.

Incorrect.

Do not mistake the fact that people will group together to litigate something that is unjust with a desire to exploit a system.

There is nothing "Darwinian" about seeking legal redress for a known problem.

The greater misdeed is to let things pass because "someone else will take care of it".

Our nation has become a prime example of this over the last thirty years.

No prizes for spotting the event that sparked off the demise of our society..

Its another bandwagon for the sheeple to jump on. Lets hope the nanny state is coming to an end. Of course we can't ordinarily express these views in public in case some bolshie, lard-**** Blair Babe tries to sue us for offending a newly defined minority.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom