Tpms sensors

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ilunn

Car
E CLASS CONVERTABLE + B CLASS,
As cars have been fitted with sensors on each wheel from at least 2014 wondering if anyone has had any problems with them, we have 2 cars both fitted with these and one is coming up with a fault on rear (1 week out of warranty). Reading on internet the batteries are known to fail between 3 and 7 years so I'm thinking about purchasing the equipment to allow me to replace myself as I have a possible up to 8 requiring replacement within the next 3 year.

Some systems are self learning so I'd check before buying the programming kit.

All OEM sensors do not have to be programmed
Gone through this with my car
A tip never buy oem replacements they are not working properly, they seem to be loosing signal with the module. Where originals are working perfect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bought the Autel ones, x4 sensors for £62 on ebay, then a further £40 for the programming kit.

Programmer puts a random generated s\n on the sensor (otherwise its all zeros 0000000)

cars picks them up fine with no issues :)

Found out the car (Vauxhall) I currently have the problem with the stealer wants £70 each (NOT fitted), parts assistant says they are selling good few of them and now there saying there not covered under warranty and should be renewed when replaced tyres.

they normally last about 5 years , check the autel ones out on ebay.

Aahhh, the joys of running a 17 year old rust bucket LOL My TPMS system cost me £42 (inc P&P), and the tire sensors all have user replaceable batteries.
TPMS.jpg

bought the Autel ones, x4 sensors for £62 on ebay, then a further £40 for the programming kit.

Programmer puts a random generated s\n on the sensor (otherwise its all zeros 0000000)

cars picks them up fine with no issues :)

Which programming kit did you purchase if I may ask?
Autel 433mhz sensors cheapest are 22.99£ and tools are 100£ plus

theres a programming pad you plug into a laptop or PC which is about £40.

google "Autel programming pad" :)

Found it
Thank you

Aahhh, the joys of running a 17 year old rust bucket LOL My TPMS system cost me £42 (inc P&P), and the tire sensors all have user replaceable batteries.
View attachment 80087
I'm planning on going old school as well, Sod the modern I plan on getting as new as possible but even that would be classified as old I'm after a 190e, there the last real solid Merc they did in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom