TPMS & Sliding Door Alarm Trauma

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Notnefmail

Car
Vito 114 CDI Bluetooth (16)
Hi
I’m hoping the great minds of the forum can help me. I’m going crazy here!

I have a 2016 Mercedes-Benz Vito (114 CDI Bluetrc, XLWB) - great van! However...

Issue 1:

When I bought the van there was a missing tpms sensor, resulting in the flat tyre warning light (flashing upon ignition but then constant). The dash always showed the ‘Tyre pressure inoperative’ warning message soon after driving.

I then had an incident with the rear driver side tyre when inflating the (now previous) tyres. The valve seemed to stick after inflation and the tyre deflated as I drove away. I Managed to get it back up again and swiftly replaced all 4 tyres soon after with new 195 Michelin’s - however ever since then, the traction control has also shown as inoperative.

4 new tyres actually revealed that one tpms sensors was missing on the rear driver side (same tyre). So a new tpm sensor was fitted. Some miles have been driven.

Despite this, I’m still getting the ‘tyre pressure Inoperative’ warning.

I’ve tried to reset via the Service section on drivers menu but this doesn’t allow the system to be reset. It just shows the warning message and doesn’t allow any changes to be made. I Just popped out and deflated all of the tyres and reinflated to recommended levels (as per one suggestion) but still no joy.

Must have been through 15 or so videos on YouTube but again no joy. My gut tells me it may be either more faulty sensors or alternatively the tpms system itself.

Possibly unconnected but the adblue warning is also now showing pre-ignition, despite me having filled the system.

Hoping to get this bunch of issues fixed before selling the van.

Issue 2:

The passenger side sliding door seems to have a faulty sensor. Whilst driving along it will randomly start flashing red on the driver dash suggestion a sliding door is open (passenger side) but it’s not really on for long enough to show which door is open (it literally flashes up for a split second then disappears). The accompanying audio alert is the bit that’s intolerable.

Could be a straightforward replacement of the sensor plate or pins on the door but welcome any other suggestions from experience first. It’s a former courier van, so understandable that door sensor may be on its last legs.

grateful for any help!

Try cleaning the tips of the door pins and the contact plate on the pillar - any dirt or oxidation on those can cause problems.

Try cleaning the tips of the door pins and the contact plate on the pillar - any dirt or oxidation on those can cause problems.
Many thanks
I did a deep clean and did this but the problem seems to have persisted. Is there a particular cleaner that you would recommend?

Many thanks
I did a deep clean and did this but the problem seems to have persisted. Is there a particular cleaner that you would recommend?

I used (very carefully) a small rotary brush in a Dremel, but something like a bit of Brasso on a cotton bud would probably be a safer option. If your pins/pads look OK after the cleanup you did then they might not be the issue , but they often do cause problems.

I used (very carefully) a small rotary brush in a Dremel, but something like a bit of Brasso on a cotton bud would probably be a safer option. If your pins/pads look OK after the cleanup you did then they might not be the issue , but they often do cause problems.
Did this today. Drill plus brush drill bit.

job done!

the TPMS however... still as using me chaos :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom