Tracing a vehicle through its reg'n

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pammy

MB Enthusiast
Car
hers - slk 320, his - dull diesel BMW fleet :/, Xtrail, Honda CBR 1100xx, Yamaha YZF600, Ribble Road
I'm sure we had a thread a wee while ago now about tracing a car through its registration. Pointed to a couple of websites.

Am trying to track what the hire car I have for tomorrow is. It's a Vovlo V70 estate 2.4 - but it could be a 140bhp or 170bhp. Be nice to know which :devil:

Don't think the RAC site will give that level of detail ... not sure of any other sites though.

S.

Insurance company websites may do... on the quotation section.

The Tesco's motor insurance web site will give you this info....the only downside is that you have to fill in a load of spoof info before you get to the bit that will tell you what car you have.

Vlad said:
The Tesco's motor insurance web site will give you this info....the only downside is that you have to fill in a load of spoof info before you get to the bit that will tell you what car you have.

Or the AA site

I tired a couple of insurance quotes ;) coz I thought that'd do it - but it doesn't. For this car it only pulls up the range of models :crazy:

But to a degree it's almost academic as I took said car to Newcastle today - now hoping they leave it for me to take to Lytham on Thursday - as it was actually quite nice :eek: Fret not - I'm going to get counselling for my problem :(

I'm still interested in knowing which bhp it was - for trim it was the full SE spec with full leather and elec seats - heated etc etc, a nice spec overall. For me though it's the driving that matters and it was good. Nice n easy and relatively responsive. Not a hire car I've got home grumpy in by any means. :D

a friend works at volvo he said put the hanbrake on, put it in 1, hit the gas, if it pulls away dragin the rear wheels its a 170 if it doesnt its a 140!

technical stuff eh ;)

russ foggan said:
a friend works at volvo he said put the hanbrake on, put it in 1, hit the gas, if it pulls away dragin the rear wheels its a 170 if it doesnt its a 140!

technical stuff eh ;)

I think any FWD car would manage that, just ask the Chav's down the car park!!

{reg number}

traced with my mate at volvo.... ;)

Volvo V70 2.4 petrol, auto, magic blue pearl, 170BHP...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom