Tracing mobile phone numbers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dieselman

Banned
Car
Peugeot 403 Convertible
Is there any way to reverse lookup or trace a mobile phone number?

Difficult even for the police as you do not need any ID to buy, register or topup most PAYG sims

What about contract?

If its a contract phone yes but not legally, there are a few people on here that may be able to help. Presume you are after a name and address ? If its a contract mobile calling another mobile its fairly easy. I was helped out in this manner when my daughter was receiving obscene calls and text.

Contract should be doable as they will have a record of where the bill is paid from. Still think its going to be Police access only

I reckon Andy Coulson could arrange it for you but you'll need to speak to him soon.

Contract should be doable as they will have a record of where the bill is paid from. Still think its going to be Police access only

And it has to be life or death or serious crime,as they get charged for it,
and I was told it's expensive.

If you have the number then a network provider can tell at a glance who owns it etc. Or at worst who says they owned it and who sold it.

Dependent on circumstances you may struggle to get that info. As said the Police can. Stalking laws make that accessible to the Police.

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Is there any way to reverse lookup or trace a mobile phone number?

As you are probably aware, the problem with doing this is satisfying the need to do so under the Data Protection Act.

The first problem is identifying the provider. Easy for police but you could try this 07966 numbers and the 07966 mobile prefix - UK Area Codes
where I did a google search 'mobile phone 07966' .

Once you have the provider, you can approach them and make a Data Protection Act application………….exactly he same as the police do.

You could try, for example (part way down page) this for registered nuisance numbers.

U.K. Mobile phone numbers - Data Protection Act 1998

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom