tracing wire from phone cradle to module slk350

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lambrettalad

Car
SLK350 +Morris Minor 1970 +Lambretta ld 1957+Vespa PX 2004
Hi I'm looking for any tips on dismantling the trim to trace the wire from the cradle to the module in the boot of a SLK350 with HK speakers in the rear .
Cheers

Huge amount of disassembly needed for that (centre console, front seat out, trim in trunk "back wall" etc). And i've never seen a wiring failure.

What is the problem you are having ? The contact plate could be faulty, or the module..

Cheers

Richard

hi no power to the cradle ,have not checked module voltage yet ,asking just in case it's the wire ,dealer said its the module or the wire

cheers Alex

The module will not necessarily power the UHI contact plate all the time. Didn't the car come with a warranty ? (I think you said you just got it)

My order of checking would be to try a different cradle, then replace the module (we have spares), then try a new UHI connector plate. Hope that helps a bit

Richard

hi
Thanks for the interest
I've tried different cradles and the same result ,no power
the visseo is working and using STAR we followed the instructions which concluded
1check voltage at terminals (from memory I'm on holiday in Ireland )21 24 in the module which should be between 1.4 and 8 volts if not wire is the problem

cheers Alex

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom