Track control arm blues

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hollyhocks

Hi can anybody help please??
We have a 2002 C220CDI and it failed the MOT on the N/S Track Control Arm, (the rear one made of cast steel)
Our local motorist part supplier got one, which I fitted and the tracking was so far out the ESR light came on.
I removed the arm and measured it against the old one and it seems to be about 10mm longer, also the ball joint seems to be at a slightly differant angle(although hard to see).
The supplier obtained another one, from another source, but this is the same.
Is there different arms for this model or have we a problem, I can only conclude that the old ond may be bent!
Regards Martin

Have a look on the ECP parts page via the link below...

I think I have the correct year / model for you..

Suspension Arm | Car Suspension Joints | Suspension Parts for any car

ECP usually have these items in stock..
I suggest you take the old arm to ECP and compare it with the new one..
If you don't take your car then take your VIN number in case they need to see it...

If you decide you need a new part then I strongly urge you to get the Lemforder brand and NOT the cheaper ones.
My gut feeling is that you have the wrong part..
You would have to give the wheel one hell of a bang to bend an arm.. There would then be wheel damage surely..

Last edited:
As above

Use genuine from MB
Or lemforder from ECP a they are the same & carry the same 2 year wty.

I have had this before when customers request the cheaper arms or supply there own for us to fit.

Never had a problem with lemforder

Hi guys, thanks for the replys.
The supplier ordered another from a different maker and we compared them, same problem, longer.
I measured the O/S arm and it is the same length as the new ones.
On inspection it does seem that the old one had been bent back and the ball joint rotated downwards slightly.
I refitted the origonal new arm and adjusted the tracking and all seems well, no ESP light, and driving ok. Will get the tracking sorted soon.
Many thanks to all.
Martin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom