Track day in a CL500

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Haylands

Car
2000 CL500
Had the CL for about 18mths now, it's been a fixeruper... see this thread for the details of that..

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/mbclub-projects/131480-cl500-respray.html

My two daughters are 20 and 22 now and have been moaning since I bought it to have a drive, well, insurance is just a no go if your under 25 so thought a track day would do, then found you have had to have a full license for two years before they will let you so we had to wait for the youngest to get there, well that was a few weeks ago so started looking, managed to get a space at Blyton a couple of weeks ago so headed on down...

After a few demo laps I let them drive, I taught them both to drive so they are used to doing what there told and when, they picked it up real quick and within a few laps were doing real well and enjoying themselves, I left all the electronic "don't kill me" gizmos on so they couldn't come to much harm...

We had a very nice day, the weather was great and they really enjoyed it, Blyton Park is a nice track as well

A few pics

Track days are great whatever level you are at and help to understand how capable cars generally are within a safer environment than the public highway.

I've never even heard of that track, but it looks fun and good on you for taking the CL.

Looks good, plenty of run off area! Who organized the day? was it open pit lane?

Track days are great whatever level you are at and help to understand how capable cars generally are within a safer environment than the public highway.

I've never even heard of that track, but it looks fun and good on you for taking the CL.

Take a look here, it's a nice track...

Blyton Park Driving Centre: Motorsport Centre for Driving Experiences, Track Days, Motorsport and Corporate Events in Gainsbourgh, UK

Looks like the ABC works :D

Yep superb, very level through the twisty stuff...

Looks good, plenty of run off area! Who organized the day? was it open pit lane?

It was open pit lane and run by Javelin, see here

Javelin Trackdays - List of Track Days

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom