Tracker or Immobiliser ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mharv

Car
EQA 250 Premium Plus
Which would you fit, to help offset costs with insurance and piece of mind with keyless entry.. new car C 300 convertible Prem+ August 2017
Any help greatly appreciated.

Questions to ask ..

Does your insurer actually give discounts for fitted trackers etc..?

Do you want the car back, if it's stolen and possibly ragged around town?

Do you want the thieves to break in the house and threaten you for the keys/immobiliser code?

Personally I'll leave the car as factory. If the thieves hack the Keyless from the roadside that's fine by me.

Last edited:
Tracker or immobiliser?

Based upon experience I'd say GAP insurance.

Thanks guys for the opinions, all taken onboard, will ask insurance if they will discount and I wouldn't want my car back if stolen... scary thought of house breakin for keys/immobiliser code... yeah had GAP for last car for 3 years.. beginning to think it is not worth the effort or money now ... have a month to wait for renewal...
many thanks again

GAP insurance is a must for me. Taking delivery of my a45 and will be taking the GAP insurance and will be getting an immobiliser fitted along with a tracker. Would i want the car back if it got stolen? yes i would. not sure what everyone else's views are but personally id like to take back what belongs to me regardless of it being stolen/ recovered.

I'd want a system where I could remotely bring the car to a gentle stop then release a deadly nerve gas.

I'm faced with a similar problem, I require Europe wide cover and my insurer insists on a tracker being fitted. For the reasons above I refused when I bought my M4 and basically play the game with the 90 days Euro cover I get, going home every two months to restart it. Got a C63 on the wayside and I'm undecided as to whether to cave to their demands even though I'd rather not.

yes but sometimes a bit of piece and mind to keep your PJ save... plus some insurers give discount or other devices and now dash cameras also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom