Tracker - Trakback - Trackstar etc

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flip

Can anyone advise me of their experience with buying a vehicle tracker.

I have insurance quotes which require the fitment of a Tracking device which are considerably lower than those without this requirement.

Any websites, prices etc of any systems gratefully received!!!

Cheers

We had tracker fitted to our VW passat VR6 . When they were installing it , the damaged a pannel and when we changed our car about 6 months later , they did not offer a refund on unused time or offer any package or token to install it into our new C class back in 1995 .

Just our one and only experence of the company.

Flip.

Tracker seems to get the best recognition from insurance companies, and its certainly the best when it comes to an activation. There's always a competion amongst us to see who finds the vehicle first, which i would find particularly comforting if my pride and joy had gone walkabout!!

The track back system is good in theory, but there is always a delay in the updates, we once had an activation which told us the vehicle was travelling along the M20 at junction 9, we were at the service area at junction 8, (15 miles between junctions), walked out to the car, and there was the target vehicle in the car park!! engine cold etc etc.

The other advantage of tracker is the discount the we can get on it, my wife got it half price for her horse box.

Link to Tracker website

Tracker is the one I went for, and after reading what Dave says, I'm glad I did. I only wish I was related so I might have got some discount!

Tracker Retrieve - you tell them the car's been stolen, they get after it.

Tracker Monitor or Tracker Horizon - they should be able to tell you if your car has been 'moved without authorisation', ie system activates if the car is moved without a key in the ignition.

Tracker Horizon includes a GPS system so Tracker claim to be able to pinpoint the vehicle from their control room.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info on Tracker guys,

I'm seriously tempted  by one of these for my pride 'n' joy.

S.

Iv'e got it fitted on my present car.

I am going to see about having it fitted to my new car on Wednesday. Will let you know latest prices.

Originally posted by GregDavis
has anyone had an insurance quote with and without tracker and if it was much cheaper with, then with which company?

Not personally, but on my m8's M3 in South London, it's have a tracker or you don't get insured at all.

Originally posted by GregDavis
has anyone had an insurance quote with and without tracker and if it was much cheaper with, then with which company?

Good question........anybody done this? Would be interesting to get two quotes to see.

How much is a Tracker then?

The only real tracker to have is the GPS version , so you can see your cars exact location anywhere.

the other tracker system requires a nearby police car with special radio equipment to listen out for an emiting signal, and as you know there are not enough police about these days.

Guys about to tell you price with a quote post

Originally posted by GrahamC230K
Not personally, but on my m8's M3 in South London, it's have a tracker or you don't get insured at all.
Same on C32!
How much is a Tracker then?
Retrieve = £199
Monitor = £299
Horizon = £499

Annual sub = £99
One off (duration of ownership) = £299

To compare what you get for your money - click me
:) :) :)

Not exactly an MB product, but we got the Thwaites dumper truck back today within a hour of it going missing, unscathed apart from the hot wiring which is inevitable.

I just got a premium drop of £20 from tescos, so it's well worth it..? :confused:

Unless your location and car are are particularly high risk, I don't think it makes any difference to the insurer really.

Here is a question that i would like come feedback on....

Would you really want the car back if its just been driven by some yob in the getaway 500 ???:( :(

Originally posted by fuzzer
Here is a question that i would like come feedback on....

Would you really want the car back if its just been driven by some yob in the getaway 500 ???:( :(

it's almost impossible to hotwire a new/newish Mercedes, it would be taken on truck most def.

unless they nicked your key's

heres guy with his famous quote again:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom