tracker

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cooks

Car
W124 Coupe,TREK Bike
any guys used a tracker in their car and which is recommended

None , professional thieves scan for them and remove very shortly after taking .

Better off with steering lock and Autowatch Ghost .

I've got a CAT 6 in one of my cars. my insurer insisted upon it due to the value of the car though other insurers didn't. In the end they reduced the insurance premiums vs competitors so I stuck with them but otherwise I would have gone the ghost route at the outset. Depends on whether you want to go the whole hog with a cat 5 (car can be immobilized by the police) and in many cases you need to carry an additional fob to start the car. Or CAT 6, which doesnt offer these features.

Trackers aren't all useless and can be fitted very discreetly. some also provide a jammer alert and towing alert straight to a control centre that will immediately check with you and will alert the police too. Useful at night for example when you're fast asleep and someone steals your car.

one of my neighbours had his audi s4 stolen which was then debadged and used to steal other cars. the thieves stole a lot of fast audis until they came a cropper when they stole an RS3 with a tracker. police busted them. The crooks didnt find the tracker ...

With CANbus immobilizers like autowatch ghost , there is added convenience of not being able to start a car without a code or a phone app running (ghost 2 and strictly optional) which prevents theft in the first place. There is no defence against towing theft but I wager this is extremely rare.
Having a steering lock and ghost is pretty much a great combination and doesnt need an additional subscription like the trackers do.

I've got a vodaphone cobra and a ghost. I dont bother with a steering lock but it is a great visual deterrent. i have taken out the keyless start button from my car as my equivalent of steering lock deterrent . if thieves break in to my house, I'll give them my autowatch code immediately and then if the police bother, they'll have the tracker to work with to catch the crooks.

I wouldn't want the car back to be honest if thieves have abused it but at least the thieves may be caught which in my eyes is important.

a few of my neighbours have those in their fast audis. the guy whose s4 got stolen bought an RS4 and I recommended he went with the ghost rather than tracker. He does the ghost and steering lock combo.

Secure car trackers for live location; category 6 tracking my car in UK.

Trackers | Nationwide UK installation of Trackers

We have basic Tracker devices on the CLK and SLK. Both on lifetime single payment deals. Great value as now had then 16 and 14 years. The SLK device still works for sure. A mechanic recently moved it on a truck and within a couple of minutes there were messages from Tracker to notify us. Modern devices I think are much more sophisticated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom