Tracker

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

N7OGP

Car
Viano 2011
Is it worth getting tracker fitted to my 2nd hand van i have just bought. as far as i can see from trackers website it's only £135 per year to have tracker fitted. the van does have a Thatcham cat1 alarm and immobilizer fitted, will this be enough to stop the low life's from nicking it, it will be parked on the main road out side my home.
has anybody had a vehicle nicked with tracker and got it back.

Not personally but a friend of mine has - got carjacked in his BMW 535d (victim of a 'steal to order' gang). Tracker found the car just fine. Those kind of thefts usually result in the car being parked up somewhere for 3 or 4 days just to see whether it has a tracker fitted. Don't see any reason why it wouldn't trace a van just as easily.

But if you've got Thatcham Cat 1 immobiliser, then in theory the vehicle shouldn't be moveable anyway. The van is unlikely to fall victim to the sort of gang my friend encountered, though if you are doing regular and frequent stops and tend to leave the engine running/immobiliser off then I guess there's always a chance of a likely lad jumping in and driving off. Failing that, I'm not sure I'd bother with tracker.

Tracker won't protect all the tools in the back which is what I'd be more concerned about frankly, the van is insured and you can hire in an emergency for a couple of weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom