Tracking down Service History

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NikoV6

Car
VW
Hi all,

Looking at an E320CDi 2007 model that has only had one owner and covered 130K miles.

Spec is very good but the dealer does not have any service history with the car.

Do Mercedes provide a service for checking the service history of cars, a printout of all work carried out would be good!

Failing that I suppose asking for the previous owners details and contacting him direct would be the next option.

hi niko
iam having the same problem at the moment I recently bought a w203 with full service history but the service book has been misplaced the dealer have all the service info but say they cant give it to me because of some confidentiality bull**** as it has the previous owners details
was thinking of contacting the previous owner myself as I have his address from the log book

Asked Audi the same question a few years ago and they sent me free of charge a complete print out of the A6 I had bought, all 161K miles worth!

Email back from MB in Milton Keynes with a PDF of the work carried out, details taken from the national service data log!

thanks for that info niko much appreciated will get back on to the dealer

MB MK could not supply all of the history so suggested contacting Bristol and Swindon dealers as that was where the car was serviced, both emails deleted without reading (had read receipt requested)

Not happy:wallbash:

MB MK could not supply all of the history so suggested contacting Bristol and Swindon dealers as that was where the car was serviced, both emails deleted without reading (had read receipt requested)

You need to phone the service depts and speak to someone directly -that's how i did it.

Rea receipts are not an accurate way of tracking emails. I have my client set to never send a read receipt...

There are sites that hide blank gif/pdfs in the message and track that, but if you use any half decent mail system (outlook, outlook.com, gmail, etc) it should block those by default.

M.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom