Tracking for E Class 2015

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FaeLLe

Car
SL55 Fab Design, E220 AMG Night Edition
Hello folks,

I am consider going for a tracking service for the E class, understand Mercedes offer their own solution and it is ideal for me to minimise any third party mod's.

Appreciate any help with my queries below,
  1. Can I add this on when I pickup the car even if I did not put it in the build spec as long as I have COMAND?
  2. How much does it cost per year?
  3. Will the insurance cost reduction be significant to justify paying for this service?
  4. Any third party benefits? E.g. in the USA i heard you can do remote lock, unlock and locating it in car parks etc.

Thanks for your help!

Don't overpay for the Mercedes variant. Its just a standard tracker (I can't remember which) and it is dealer fit rather than factory fit in anycase, so

1) Yes
2) Ask your dealer
3) Ask your insurance company, every one is different
4) No. Some trackers allow you to login to an internet site and see where the car is - I don't know what the features of Mercedes are.

There are various approval levels of trackers, CAT6, CAT5 etc. CAT5 needs you to carry an extra device (key fob normally). Some insurance companies will insist on CAT6 on very high value cars.

So, i'd start by asking your insurance company if they offer any discounts for Trackers.

Richard

Don't overpay for the Mercedes variant. Its just a standard tracker (I can't remember which) and it is dealer fit rather than factory fit in anycase, so

1) Yes
2) Ask your dealer
3) Ask your insurance company, every one is different
4) No. Some trackers allow you to login to an internet site and see where the car is - I don't know what the features of Mercedes are.

There are various approval levels of trackers, CAT6, CAT5 etc. CAT5 needs you to carry an extra device (key fob normally). Some insurance companies will insist on CAT6 on very high value cars.

So, i'd start by asking your insurance company if they offer any discounts for Trackers.

Richard
How okay would MB be with fitting a third party tracker on a car leased directly from them?

I have a feeling they might not be okay with third party mod's and only allow the official service they provide.

Insurers may insist on a tracking device being fitted but it doesn't follow there would be a reduction in premiums. It may simply be a requirement for cover.

I'm also looking into this at the moment. Just need a no frills option which will give me enough cover. If I find anything useful I'll post it here...

I'm also looking into this at the moment. Just need a no frills option which will give me enough cover. If I find anything useful I'll post it here...
Thanks mate!

How okay would MB be with fitting a third party tracker on a car leased directly from them?

I have a feeling they might not be okay with third party mod's and only allow the official service they provide.

There is absolutely no issue with a properly fitted tracker. We do leased cars quite regularly, MB, BMW, etc, and fit all kinds of stuff (Trackers, Parking sensors, phone kits (yes some cars come without bluetooth), etc etc)

Cheers

Richard

There is absolutely no issue with a properly fitted tracker. We do leased cars quite regularly, MB, BMW, etc, and fit all kinds of stuff (Trackers, Parking sensors, phone kits (yes some cars come without bluetooth), etc etc)

Cheers

Richard

Hi,
What do you charge for fitting and maintaining a tracker?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom