Traction control on AMG models

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

moodi

Car
CLS55
Are you able to completely turn off traction control on the following models?

CLS55 (Kompressor)
SL55 (Kompressor)
CLS63 (5.5 bi-turbo)
E63 (5.5 bi-turbo)

Thanks,

Yes. Look on youtube for Dyno mode. Turns of ABS as-well though I think.

Richard

Hmm, interesting.

What do most people do on track?

Full heinz it is!

On my cls63 yes but it will just chew my tyres up so I leave it in granny mode.

For the 5.5 bi-turbo's, yes - when it's off it's off. But Corner Brake Control (CBC) and ABS are still active, as they are considered to be 'primary lifesaving functions' and remain active even after that long hold of the ESP button. Can't comment directly on the 55's mentioned, but I think an element of ESP/TC remains, even if the dash light claims otherwise.

DYNO mode disables every part of the safety electronics repertoire however and wants used on the road after very careful consideration - in the same way as you would when deciding how hard to drive your Griffith 500 on a wet, cold slimy day in January perhaps.....

I recall in clarksons top gear test of the cls 55 he turned it off but it was still on at a low level Put top gear cls55 into youtube and it will come up

For the 5.5 bi-turbo's, yes - when it's off it's off. But Corner Brake Control (CBC) and ABS are still active, as they are considered to be 'primary lifesaving functions' and remain active even after that long hold of the ESP button. Can't comment directly on the 55's mentioned, but I think an element of ESP/TC remains, even if the dash light claims otherwise.

DYNO mode disables every part of the safety electronics repertoire however and wants used on the road after very careful consideration - in the same way as you would when deciding how hard to drive your Griffith 500 on a wet, cold slimy day in January perhaps.....

Great very clear, thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom