Traction control, suspension, AMG buttons not working

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rich764089

MB Enthusiast
Car
E63 AMG S212 5.5, W221 S500, W220 S600, GBS Zero, Defender Wolf 110, Audi A6 BiTdi, Octavia vRS
As title suggests, I had an issue today whereby I couldn't change the traction control or suspension settings on my E63 212. This happened mid journey; I had changed earlier in the journey, but got stuck in back breaking/ditch finder modes. AMG button didn't work either. Restarted twice, still the same. After leaving for 30 min and restarting all seems fine again.

Anyone experienced this or know what it might be?

How is the voltage in both batteries?
Pass. I'll check. ECO mode is often not active (though I usually turn off), but not noticed any low battery symptoms.
You think that could be an issue even 10 miles into a journey?

Pass. I'll check. ECO mode is often not active (though I usually turn off), but not noticed any low battery symptoms.
You think that could be an issue even 10 miles into a journey?
Ha, anything seems possible with Mercedes electrics in my experience over the years.

Do you have a code reader?
It's possible the temporary glitch left a fault code in the transmission ECU.

Do you have a code reader?
It's possible the temporary glitch left a fault code in the transmission ECU.
No, unfortunately not. I'm due a service soon, so I could get them to read the codes. I usually like hard suspension, but had to drive through town on rough roads and was reminded just how hard it is in sport+..... don't want to be stuck like that 😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom