Traction control switch?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

snipez999

Car
2018MY E63S AMG
Found out last week at Worsley Park golf club that wet overflow parking area (a field) and 577 bhp do not mix! Fortunately it's only half an hour from home so wifey popped to Halfrauds for a towrope and brought her RR Sport to tow me out (very very easy to do with that thing's ratios and settings).
Power cutting out under even v.v slight throttle, so no chance of churning myself out in a muddy cloud. Is there an obvious way to turn off traction controls for a better go if there is any next time? S63 AMG C217 2016MY.

Did your chauffeur not offer to lie under the tyres to give extra traction??? [emoji38]

Other than pulling a fuse...no.

Is it not in the main menu on the dash? It is on my W204 C Class and I needed to switch it off when exiting the car park at the Goodwood FOS last Friday. Found the same as the OP, that the revs would just cut even with the very lightest of touches on the throttle, so I stopped, scrolled through the menu, switched off the ESP and away we went without a hitch.

Once back on a hard surface, I was impressed the message lit up on the dash asking if I wanted to turn the ESP back on again, so pressed OK on the wheel and all back to normal. :thumb:

The interior of the OP's brand new S63 AMG Coupé is very different from your W204 C Class. :devil:

The interior of the OP's brand new S63 AMG Coupé is very different from your W204 C Class. :devil:

But it wasn't a question about interiors, but systems. I didn't know the 204 had that capability...but suspect the S class does.

To turn off TC? There's the button just below the hazard switch, ironically. Also can turn it off 'more' in the system menu for rolling road.

Hmm I had a quick flick round menus and couldnt see anything. I'll look again or even, and dont tell any other blokes out there that I've done it, reference the instruction booklet ROFL

Now... I swear that this true.

I pulled over in the snow to allow another car through (single track lane). On trying to pull away, I encountered the same as the OP. Switch of traction control and with some wheel spinning and revs, away we go with NO POWER STEERING!!! The PS failed to recover. I call up the local Merc Garage:

* Have you switch off the TC Sir?

* Yes.

"It can and often does break the PS Pump on W203's" It snaps the impeller due to the revs and added strain on the pump. Every winter we get this on W203's.

Called up my trusted Indie. Same thing. So a new PS pump fitted (Mercedes do an exchange for your old one) and all was good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom