Traded the E class for a Volvo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DrNick

MB Enthusiast
Car
SL500
Swapped my 2014 250 E estate for a 2017 Volvo D5 V90. Wasn't probably my first choice but the deal was too good to miss (still got the SL though).
Probably an unfair comparison as its a newer car, but its a nice place to be. The seats are better and it feels well screwed together. The park assist is way better and the adaptive cruise and semi-autopilot works really well. Turning circle is less good so it does feel like a big car, where the E class felt less so. Load bay is smaller in the Volvo.

Volvo forums seem less active and less knowledgeable so I hope it doesn't go wrong!

Shifted the old one on Motorway. Very easy and got about the estimated price which was much higher than webuyanycar or equivalent.

Swapped my 2014 250 E estate for a 2017 Volvo D5 V90. Wasn't probably my first choice but the deal was too good to miss (still got the SL though).
Probably an unfair comparison as its a newer car, but its a nice place to be. The seats are better and it feels well screwed together. The park assist is way better and the adaptive cruise and semi-autopilot works really well. Turning circle is less good so it does feel like a big car, where the E class felt less so. Load bay is smaller in the Volvo.

Volvo forums seem less active and less knowledgeable so I hope it doesn't go wrong!

Shifted the old one on Motorway. Very easy and got about the estimated price which was much higher than webuyanycar or equivalent.
I moved in a similar direction in late 2019. See here for comparison:

I moved in a similar direction in late 2019. See here for comparison:
Loving the pilot assist. On a recent trip down the autoroutes of france it made life so easy, and was much smoother than Mactech has reported once you get to work with it (turns off above about 140kmh though!). Not so good on A roads and sometimes will lose lock just at the important part!
However, on motorways I'm finding it really good.
Don't really understand the wierd display in the eco mode. Even the book (which I had to revert to) is very vague on what it means.
Great car though although I did have to resort to the manual to get the auto wipers to work. Obvious when its pointed out though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom