Tradesman and general help wanted - please read!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SavMan

Authorised Forum Sponsor
Car
E55K AMG
Didn't know where to post this thread but "Wanted" seemed the most apt.

We need HELP but there is a catch so please read carefully :D

Somehow we need to turn this ex furniture display unit

10372991_1456874517890139_457366045263204866_o.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd....991_1456874517890139_457366045263204866_o.jpg

Into a workshop with strip down facilities, engine assembly, customer reception etc

We need plumbers, painters, builders and we would welcome any assistance even if you don't have these skills as there will be plenty of hard labour going on over the next weeks.

Now here's the catch !!!! - we want you to work for free :doh: but in return we will offer our services for free to.

Now we obviously expect to pay for materials but we also want these as cheap as possible (cost basically) and again in return we will offer parts at cost and labour for free.

So if you want your Mercedes serviced, remapped or looking at adding performance parts and have a skill we could use please get in touch with us.

If you just want to come down and roll up your sleeves to help out then feel free to do that to.

Two members have already offered there services by drawing up the planned improvements and this week we have an electrician on site all week putting in a completely new system. :thumb: We are eternally grateful to both Simon and Ricky who have gone out of there way to help us.

As you can see we really need some help as we made complete mess after day 1 :D

10298493_1456874611223463_6377743385932450843_o.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd....93_1456874611223463_6377743385932450843_o.jpg

Well we did tidy up a little

10273247_1456874657890125_8321248654130096991_o.jpg

https://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net...47_1456874657890125_8321248654130096991_o.jpg

Please contact us by email or phone as our PM inbox tends to get full often.

Mobile 07769 332524
email [email protected]

Arnt you a BUSINESS not a charity? Confused, as this sort of request usually comes from desparate induviduals or charities, not full blown luxury car tuning shops......

Arnt you a BUSINESS not a charity? Confused, as this sort of request usually comes from desparate induviduals or charities, not full blown luxury car tuning shops......

Nothing wrong with reciprocal trading,I like it.:thumb:

You are correct we are a business, one that is in it's infancy so while we are not desperate every little helps.

As Mercedes fanatics having owned several and worked on hundreds over the years, we appreciate how expensive keeping a Mercedes on the road can be. Equally we know from the many GTG's we have attended MBClub has a wide and varied membership with a huge range of skills.
Many of those tradesman will also appreciate just how expensive renovating a building can be, we can use our skills to its best working on there car while they can use theirs to help speed up our progress.

It won't be for everyone but as we have already received offers it can't be that bad a deal. ;)

Paul

Shame your not keeping the wallpaper! Joking aside after seeing the new unit the extra space will make a great addition to the business and I think the trade swap is a great idea and if I was skilled I would be in .

All the best

Justin

i think it is a novel approach to solving a problem 10/10 for think it up, if more local I would have been up for the destruction phase as i'm quite good at that. What you could have done to make an E240 more fun to drive would probably be a more difficult task.

It does give me an idea about the construction of our new wine store, or grape picking come to think of it.....

Bartering is the term that best describes this venture.
If it was the South West then I would happily add my skills.
Best of luck to you in this as I agree whole-heartedly in the idea of trading skills.

Tony

Thinking outside of the box, I think it's a pretty good idea as both parties will benefit.
Shame the previous tenants had such bad taste :crazy:

Paul:I'd love to help but unless you need a w-machine or a dishwasher,I can't

Did I miss where you stated the location?

You should have approached Melinda first and got her to ask on your behalf.

Men are suckers for some blonde hair and big t*ts :D.

Last edited:
I would have been up for helping out as I'm not shy of getting my hand's dirty, Also I have a few close friends who are all in the building trade who I could have asked but your at the wrong end of the country.

Good luck Paul

Ps. I'll be in touch in regards to my software update to get that map.

help

savman i wish you everything you need to get going ,As a few have said, your location from me is a good distance away.Good luck in you venture.

Where is it ?

Shame you're so far away, I would have loved to be involved in something like this. Good luck!

Sorry if we didn't make it clear but the workshop is situated between Watford and Rickmansworth.

Day 2 - May not look like much but a lot of activity did actually go on. A HUGE thank you to a member who turned up at midday and didn't leave until almost 8pm. We certainly found the perfect job for him, as soon as he got his hands on a club hammer he was like a man possessed. :thumb:

10446273_1457226924521565_150028332683319277_o.jpg

Our 3 Phase power is now in and we even have heating wired in (I know, how Southern can you get heating in a workshop) :eek:

Just two more walls to go and then onto getting the floor ready.

Can I thank all the members who have made contact and offered there services and also those that we haven't had a chance to speak to yet but have left messages we will get back to everyone.

Great idea. Shame I'm too far away to offer assistance. To all those who do lend a hand, I imagine you and your cars will be treated like kings by the proprietors when the business is up and running.

Good luck with the new venture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom