Traffic announcements

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by PXW, Jan 27, 2017.

1. PXW

PXW MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Tesla Model 3 AWD Performance
    Given that the Comand satnav picks up traffic problems I don't usually want to listen to radio traffic bulletins, so I generally keep the TA box unticked on the radio control. But every so often it seems to select TA by itself, which I only find out when something I'm listening to gets interrupted. Not a major problem but it feels a bit of a glitch; anyone else get this happening?

(Ps Mods - this should probably be in "Electronics" but I can't seem to start a thread there from the app; please feel free to move this if appropriate)

Thanks
    Peter

1 person likes this.
  2. Headhurts

Headhurts MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Mercedes E350 Estate Night Edition
    Not noticed this with my last car (E300 Hybrid) or current car

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. st13phil

st13phil MB Enthusiast

Car:
    His - Denim Blue A220 AMG Line Premium / Hers - Obsidian Black R172 SLK55
    TA is toggled on and off by way of a long press on the mute button (steering wheel or dashboard). It's possible if you use the mute button that you're inadvertently switching TA back on again?

4. PobodY

PobodY MB Enthusiast

Car:
    CLK350 Sport, Nissan GTiR
    Mine has started interrupting since I installed the latest map DVD, but as above; one tap of the "mute" button starts the music going again.

5. OP
    OP
    PXW

PXW MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Tesla Model 3 AWD Performance
    Thanks, didn't know that. That's probably what's happening as I often use the mute button to take out the audio navigator instructions (I tend to use the navigator even for journeys I know well, not for directions but for the traffic monitoring and rerouting). Will watch my muting technique a bit more carefully in future!