Traffic Cops - talking carp

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I think they explained the whole keeping a safe distance and not encouraging the Skoda driver to drive even more dangerously, sadly their hands are tied by the health and safety mob. I'm sure most coppers would love to get involved in a high speed pursuit and ram the feckers into a wall.

The police have learnt the hard way that it is not in the public interest to encourage an evading driver to drive ever more recklessly. Apart from that, they have to consider their own driving standards - as the guy giving the commentary mentioned, they have to slow down for rondabouts and junctions, whereas the guy they're chasing may well just motor on through them. This isn't just H&S gone mad, it's born of a genuine regard for other road users, and of course for their own safety. Besides, a written-off police car isn't going to catch anyone...

Equally why was the police driver doing in his words "80mph", I didn't know they were allowed to exceed the limit any more than the rest of us unless doing something important.

Of course they can...who's going to give them a ticket????

It's used by people who often do track days, but use the same car on the public roads for going to work, week-end driving etc. It may look chavy but it's an important safety item for track day cars.

I'll remember that next time I spin the Merc at something over a Ton...with the Mrs in the passenger seat...:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom