Traffic Cops!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
No m2 has got 4 lanes I undertaken in the 3rd lane after been behind the Audi driver for a while and driving a loaded van I tend to keep enough distance between vehicles, and as for the policeman he shouldn't call me ar$hole that's probably why his went away since I told him we was on camera...

Understand about the lanes, you weren't in the far left.

He didn't call you anything, he said you were driving like an ********.

This little tale flies in the face of the 'attitude test' as I understand it, maybe it didn't really happen in quite the way you describe, stories often get embellished with repeated telling.

Understand about the lanes, you weren't in the far left.

He didn't call you anything, he said you were driving like an ********.

This little tale flies in the face of the 'attitude test' as I understand it, maybe it didn't really happen in quite the way you describe, stories often get embellished with repeated telling.

I was in the far left and then moved to the 3rd to undertake the car.
And that's how it happened no more no less .

I was in the far left and then moved to the 3rd to undertake the car.
And that's how it happened no more no less .

Well, only you and the policeman know the truth.

Unless you still have the camera footage, with sound.

You went from lane one, to lane three, to undertake a car in lane 4? Were there other cars using the motorway?

You went from lane one, to lane three, to undertake a car in lane 4? Were there other cars using the motorway?

I was at Lane 4 behind audi driver after both of us overtaken some cars and the I waited for him to move out of the way which didn't happen and I decided to undertake...

I was at Lane 4 behind audi driver after both of us overtaken some cars and the I waited for him to move out of the way which didn't happen and I decided to undertake...

That's where the confusion comes from then.

You weren't in the left lane at all, you were in the right hand lane :thumb:

Was it definitely a police officer driving?

The HGV was about fifty yards ahead in lane one- how far back was the last vehicle you passed in lane one? I only ask because with the closing speed between you and the police car being about 10mph, he/she will have been in a position to observe you for some time.

I assume it was, just got a quick look of his high vis.

Quite a line behind the HGV. As a result had been in the middle lane for a while. Incidentally I never went about 80mph for the 150 mile journey, I never do went Mrs Ant & our daughter are with me.

Ant.

I think you're all missing my point. This was a marked up X5 patrol car. With one man inside. Not on a training mission. Weaving across 3 lanes & and out again.

My point is, had he witnessed me doing the same I'm sure he'd have 'done' me for dangerous driving.

I'm in no doubt that they have to drive fast and aggressive in certain circumstances & training. But this obviously wasn't the case.

Ant.

I got your point exactly, I was just making conversation. ;)

The only person who has a clue why the bobby behind the wheel did what he did is the bobby behind the wheel. Criticism after the event is fine, we all do it, and enjoy it, but its slightly irrelevant because its speculation until we know the 'why'.....and we never will. :)

Pete

No offence intended Pete. I only started the thread to make covasation too. :D

My OP was made to simply ask 'if you reverse the roles, would he have pulled me over for the same series of manoeuvres'? :dk:

I never asked about police training courses. :rolleyes:

As you said, we'll never know.

Ant. :thumb:

No offence intended Pete. I only started the thread to make covasation too. :D

My OP was made to simply ask 'if you reverse the roles, would he have pulled me over for the same series of manoeuvres'? :dk:

I never asked about police training courses. :rolleyes:

As you said, we'll never know.

Ant. :thumb:

I didn't take offence, honest! :D

Threads quite often go o/t, bit like pub conversations I suppose! Going back to your OP....'quite possibly' is the answer I'd give....and I would 'quite possibly' have given you a tug if I'd seen you doing it. But not necessarily....! :D

Pete

Well I would like to join in the bash the old bill but I have just done a run up and back to Somersham near Huntingdon,A120,A12,A14 90

I hardly ever see police these days but so two cop cars today separately.

Like London buses...

Slow and a nightmare on the bends. They really should choose more appropriate vehicles.

Hasn't been on for 3 years...

:dk:

The was once a rumour that he'd been locked in the dungeon, along with MOCAS at Captain Morgan's residence. Time to send in the SAS me thinks. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom