Traffic Gestapo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tombo5609

Car
mercedes e270
After just recieving a 30 pound fine for being 5 min over my alloted time (have you tried getting your wife out of M&S) I would just like to share with you the system in Fethiye Turkey where I spend part of the year.
The town parking is the same as anywhere in the world, the difference is how the attendants work.
When you find your parking place the attendant will come to your car and ask you how long you want to stay, You then have two choices, either give him a time and pay in advance or tell him or her that you will pay later. In that case a ticket is put on your windscreen and pay when you return,(it very rarely costs more than 80 pence no matter how long.
After paying, the attendant will then go behind your car and guide you out with a big smile.
On one occasion when I had a leg injury the attendant, seeing that I was having difficulty getting out, came and helped me to get my injured leg out of the car whilst joking with my wife that I had been drinking to much Raki. All done with a smile!!!.
It is not a wonder whilst people in UK seem to go around with scowls permanently on their face whilst everyone seems to be smiling in Fethiye (all Muslims by the way).
I am writing this whilst sitting in the Fethiye sun after just spending the last month trying to get warm in UK.

It sounds like it has much to recommend it there.
Wait until we get them into the EU.
They'll soon learn our dysfunctional ways.
That'll take the smiles off their faces.

It sounds like it has much to recommend it there.
Wait until we get them into the EU.
They'll soon learn our dysfunctional ways.
That'll take the smiles off their faces.

I am afraid you are right.
I have lived here for 10 yrs and the inflation rate is horrendous. It does not effect us to much apart from paying the equivelent of paying 1pound 50p for a beer instead of 20p, all in the name of progress and preparation for you now what.
However the sun is free so what the hell.

.............However the sun is free so what the hell.

It's only 40p here..................

o-SUN-570.jpg

I have lived here for 10 yrs and the inflation rate is horrendous.
However the sun is free so what the hell.

I'll tap you up when I intend to visit next, Fethiya was a lovely place to holiday last year.

I don't doubt you about the helpfulness of Turkish traffic wardens.

My friends and I charter yachts from Sunsail and when we sail into the main marina in Fethiya the harbour master is so willing to take the yacht's mooring lines. A complete contrast to the scowl we get from some of the solent marina staff who demand mooring fees before the yacht is tied up.

Turkish people are so friendly and who cares what religion they are.

I'll tap you up when I intend to visit next, Fethiya was a lovely place to holiday last year.[/QUOTE

Just give me a PP I would be happy to show you around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom