Traffic Jam

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just remember this when we get the moaning about "Britain grinds to a halt when it snows (down south)"

It's not as if snow in Moscow is a rarity.

Let us put this in perspective. The Tver and Novogorod regions west of Moscow had 40cm of snow in less than 48 hours. This was on Friday and Saturday. The 40cm is the average depth and drifts would have been greater. I think anywhere would have been pushed to cope with such a large amount of snow especially at the weekend.

At least it meant all those Russians weren't crashing their cars and popping up on compilations on YouTube

Don't know how long the tailback in Notting Hill is tonight, but I've been at a standstill for the best part of an hour now - thanks to some kind of crane lorry having managed to get itself comprehensively stuck ahead of me while trying to execute a turn. Result: Bayswater Road completely blocked in both directions.

Are Londoners so used to traveling by tube and rail they are unable to turn corners to change direction thus avoid obstacles.

Are Londoners so used to traveling by tube and rail they are unable to turn corners to change direction thus avoid obstacles.

Not easy when you're blocked in between two buses, which are in turn penned in by other vehicles, with a barrier dividing the two carriageways. Eventually got moving just after I'd posted the message, having waited nearly 40 minutes for the police to arrive and take control of the situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom