Traffic Options for Garmin Map Pilot

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bastiarno

Car
Mercedes SLK
My first post and it's a "help" please. I have a new SLC delivered today. I have bought the Garmin SD card which works fine BUT I cannot fathom how to get traffic info. When I search it says traffic needs a subscription and it displays a TomTom logo, but it's a Garmin!
Can anyone please help to integrate some sort of traffic facility into the system, I don't mind paying, many thanks, BTW love the car, only subtle changes from my SLK, but general quality seems to have improved

My sales order showed 'B54 Live Traffic Information' so it was part of the build spec for the car. Does yours have this? [I opted for Comand with all the remote services rather than the Garmin/Audio20, so maybe that was the difference]

My first post and it's a "help" please. I have a new SLC delivered today. I have bought the Garmin SD card which works fine BUT I cannot fathom how to get traffic info. When I search it says traffic needs a subscription and it displays a TomTom logo, but it's a Garmin!
Can anyone please help to integrate some sort of traffic facility into the system, I don't mind paying, many thanks, BTW love the car, only subtle changes from my SLK, but general quality seems to have improved

TomTom supply the traffic info. Go into the Settings menu in the Sat Nav. Select the Traffic and Alerts sub menu. Firstly in the sub menu make sure that Traffic Alerts are switched ON. The sub menu should also have a subscription status option. Select that and it should show the date when the tarffic info subscription will expire. If there is no subsciption information then there is something wrong. If the sat nav was a factory option you should get a 3 year TomTom subscription as part of the build spec. If you have no TomTom subscription its back to the dealer time!

My traffic is not TomTom?
It's TMC.

What happens to the subscription after 3 years as nobody seems to know?

You renew it at the Garmin website and it reactivates by text message is what I have been told.

My traffic is not TomTom?
It's TMC.

TMC is a totally different system delivering traffic info via FM or DAB. Most radios can pick it up but its not very good. If you have Audio 20 with Garmin Sat Nav you should have TomTom Traffic.

TomTom Traffic

Hi,

Did anyone get to the bottom of this?
I have the attached screen when I look for traffic data on my CLA. My car also has 'B54 - Live Traffic Information' showing on the build spec but it's only the Audio 20 with Garmin Map Pilot.

Love the car and the sat nav but still having to return back to my £90 Halfords Garmin unit on long journeys for the traffic! :(

Attachments

• IMG_2680.jpg
    IMG_2680.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_2679.jpg
    IMG_2679.jpg
    204.6 KB · Views: 66
You renew it at the Garmin website and it reactivates by text message is what I have been told.

Yes, very true. I got 3 yrs free, quite useful but can be wildly out of date as I found out the other day - EG I detoured onto the southern approach of the Blackwell tunnel and got stuck in traffic. The other night in Bexley, showing half a mile of slow moving traffic ahead but none. However, it is very useful most of the time.

Same problem, is there a way to resolve it ?

Any further update on live traffic ( Non TMC) for Garmin sat Nav. I have similar isssue. Recently bought a 2015 C-Class with Garmin sat Nav. As car is just over 3 years don’t have live traffic. Any way to enable it. I am happy to pay a new subscription if required but don’t know how to go about it.

How do you do this ? How do you get in contact with Garmin. I can not find any contact details for Mercedes Garmin devices

TomTom Traffic

Hi,

Did anyone get to the bottom of this?
I have the attached screen when I look for traffic data on my CLA. My car also has 'B54 - Live Traffic Information' showing on the build spec but it's only the Audio 20 with Garmin Map Pilot.

Love the car and the sat nav but still having to return back to my £90 Halfords Garmin unit on long journeys for the traffic! :(

Did you ever get the live traffic service working again ?
I am now in a similar situation and would like to know how to get live traffic up and running.

Did you ever get the live traffic service working again ?
I am now in a similar situation and would like to know how to get live traffic up and running.

Is this on COMAND? Which year is your car?

The TomTom Live Traffic subscription should be available for cars first registered after (around) June-July 2013, but only if the car was factory-fitted with the optional COMAND unit.

If you have option B54 on the datacard, then you may be able to activate it for your car even without COMAND - does the Mercedes Me website show the TomTom Live Traffic service as available for your car (you'll need to register your car with Mercedes Me first)?

Is this on COMAND? Which year is your car?

The TomTom Live Traffic subscription should be available for cars first registered after (around) June-July 2013, but only if the car was factory-fitted with the optional COMAND unit.

If your car was registered earlier than that, or if it was not fitted with COMAND at the factory, then the TomTom Live Traffic service won't be available for your car.

No it’s for non Comand system. It’s for the standard factory fit Garmin Map pilot system for a 2015 Mercedes C-Class . I believe this model or variants of this satnav features in the vast majority of other Mercedes models after 2014, if you do not specify Comand on the option list

No it’s for non Comand system. It’s for the standard factory fit Garmin Map pilot system for a 2015 Mercedes C-Class . I believe this model or variants of this satnav features in the vast majority of other Mercedes models after 2014, if you do not specify Comand on the option list
Check your VIN on one of the VIN decoders websites and look for option B54.

Then register the VIN online with the Mercedes Me website and check if it shows the TomTom Live Traffic subscription as available for your car.

If the answer to both is No, then you can't activate the live data service.

Ok, sounds complicated but I will look into that

Checked with my local merdedes service centre. It took them a few days to find out but it looks like my car does not have the relevant hardware & software needed for Garmin live traffic. I can only get TMC traffic. So apparently cars built after June 2015 have facility for Live Traffuc with Garmin satnav. Unfortunately my car was build in March 2015 !!

Sorry for late reply but I had same problem with my Dec 2015 B220 4matic with Garmin Map pilot. it came with a 3 year subscription to TomTom live traffic which worked fantastically well ( auto re-routing etc). When it expired a few weeks ago I could not find anyone in dealership who could tell me how to renew. After raising a complaint with MB customer service problem easily resolved, Just bought a new sd update card (Garmin Map pilot 2018-2019) and inserted . After usual set up have now got new maps and a new 3 year TomTom subscription. Cost £99 and worth it)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom