Traffic sign assist inoperative

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cmonyoureds

Car
GLA 35. X4 M40i
I have a message on the instrument panel in my C63 W205 that traffic sign assist is inoperative. I have a service plan and my car is booked in for a service at the beginning of March, will this be covered by the service plan?

I have a message on the instrument panel in my C63 W205 that traffic sign assist is inoperative. I have a service plan and my car is booked in for a service at the beginning of March, will this be covered by the service plan?

No, it will not.

The Mercedes Benz Service Care Plan only covers scheduled servicing, not repairs.

I suggest that you try first cleaning the external windscreen area in front of the rear view mirror, there's a camera there that 'reads' the road signs, if the windscreen is dirty it can cause Traffic Sign Assist to malfunction.

Thanks I will give that a try. I thought it was maybe an update that was required hence asking if it would be covered by the service plan.

Thanks I will give that a try. I thought it was maybe an update that was required hence asking if it would be covered by the service plan.

Scheduled servicing does not include software updates (unless there's a specific recall that requires it).

You'll get charged by the dealer if they carry-out software updates, regardless of whether they do it while they have the car for a service, or it is booked specially for that.

The exception is if the car is covered by warranty (for example, if it was purchased from an MB dealer under the Approve Used scheme), in which case the dealer will carry-out software updates for free, but only if there's a relevant complaint from the owner .

Thanks again Markjay, you are a credit to the forum with your help and advice👍
The car came with a 2 year warranty under the AMG approved scheme from MB Edinburgh. I will try your first suggestion, if that doesn’t fix the problem I’ll report it pre service👍

No, it will not.

The Mercedes Benz Service Care Plan only covers scheduled servicing, not repairs.

I suggest that you try first cleaning the external windscreen area in front of the rear view mirror, there's a camera there that 'reads' the road signs, if the windscreen is dirty it can cause Traffic Sign Assist to malfunction.
I’ve done as you suggested and the problem still persists. I will inform the service department prior to my car being serviced and mot’d, hopefully an update will sort the problem.

Scheduled servicing does not include software updates (unless there's a specific recall that requires it).

You'll get charged by the dealer if they carry-out software updates, regardless of whether they do it while they have the car for a service, or it is booked specially for that.

The exception is if the car is covered by warranty (for example, if it was purchased from an MB dealer under the Approve Used scheme), in which case the dealer will carry-out software updates for free, but only if there's a relevant complaint from the owner .
Update…car got serviced and MOT’d last week but unbeknown to me because it was done on a Saturday they couldn’t do any diagnostic work. So the car got booked back in for today and the problem has been identified as a faulty camera. A replacement has been ordered and all is covered under the 2 year AMG warranty👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom