Traffic Sign Assist: is it country specific?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kiwimac

Car
E400d
My E400d (UK import in New Zealand) has TSA. It's turned on.

As far as I can tell, it doesn't do anything (for example, it doesn't read temporary speed limits at roadworks).

The navigation system does display posted permanent limits without issue though.

Is the reading function specific to countries?

I shouldn't be. Check that the windscreen is clean, the signs are being read by a camera behind the rear view mirror.

I'll clean it but it is pretty clean already.

I notice when I pass things like temporarily set up portable speed signs etc - I pass them when the normal limit is say 100kmh and the temp limit say 50kmh and the displayed speed remains at 100 throughout the 50 zone.

I'll clean it but it is pretty clean already.

I notice when I pass things like temporarily set up portable speed signs etc - I pass them when the normal limit is say 100kmh and the temp limit say 50kmh and the displayed speed remains at 100 throughout the 50 zone.
If the NZ speed signs are correctly positioned and of the standard format:
120px-New_Zealand_road_sign_R1-1_(20).svg.png
then they should be read (if you have TSA)

Other formats will not be read.

Occasionally I get it in the UK went into a 40 on Saturday and it just carried straight on at the speed it was doing despite it reducing the speed at the previous roadwork speed limit signs

Conversely the other week I was doing 70 in the middle lane passing a slip road with roadworks on it when it slammed on did scare the bloke on the motor bike behind me ! That tried to get me down to 40/50 can't really remember think it was 40 though

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom