Traffic Sign Assist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beekeeper010

Car
C 220D Estate
I have a 2020 C class estate 220 D Sport model which I've owned for about a month.

The right hand switch on the cruise control has "res" and the traffic sign above it. The resume works OK but I can't get the traffic sign assist to work. I've driven a different model as a courtesy car and I had it working without a problem.

Is my model fitted with traffic sign assist or are there any other settings I need to change to get it to work?

Thanks in advance.

Gordon

I have a 2020 C class estate 220 D Sport model which I've owned for about a month.

The right hand switch on the cruise control has "res" and the traffic sign above it. The resume works OK but I can't get the traffic sign assist to work. I've driven a different model as a courtesy car and I had it working without a problem.

Is my model fitted with traffic sign assist or are there any other settings I need to change to get it to work?

Thanks in advance.

Gordon
Depends if your car had the option from factory. Email me the vin number to [email protected] and I can tell you.

My 2019 C200 amg line prem plus has traffic sign assist, but when I activate it all that happens is the speed I have set for cruise comes up as the same numbers with kph displayed.
For example 40 mph shows as 40 kmh

I have it on mine and is activated as soon as I engage cruise control. Not a lover of it, as soon as it sees a lower speed sign it automatically slows the car and does not cruise/ freewheel down to the new speed. And it does exactly the same when the speed sign limit is higher, it accelerates with kick down.

I have it on mine and is activated as soon as I engage cruise control. Not a lover of it, as soon as it sees a lower speed sign it automatically slows the car and does not cruise/ freewheel down to the new speed. And it does exactly the same when the speed sign limit is higher, it accelerates with kick down.

I only have the old fashioned Cruise Control, and I have to agree. If I set it to the speed I am currently cruising at, it takes-over smoothly and it's great. But if I set it to a higher or lower speed, it will accelerate or brake quite harshly. Not a great implementation.

Thanks in advance.

Gordon

I believe it should have option code 546, check your data card.

I only have the old fashioned Cruise Control, and I have to agree. If I set it to the speed I am currently cruising at, it takes-over smoothly and it's great. But if I set it to a higher or lower speed, it will accelerate or brake quite harshly. Not a great implementation.

Agreed but if it was decelerating smoothly, we would see equally many complaints about speed tickets because of poor cruise performance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom