Traffic sign recognition - cruise control

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

beege

Car
C200 Estate
Hi all,

apologies if this is in the wrong forum. I have a minor niggle with my face lifted C200 premium plus and wondered if anyone else has experienced the same?
When setting cruise control, a little banner pops up for a few seconds on the digital dashboard with the set speed e.g. 40mph. If I set cruise control to traffic sign assist, then the set speed is displayed as km/h. For example, if I am in a 40mph area and set the CC to traffic sign recognition, the set speed will flash up as 40km/h.
Like I said, minor annoyance, just wondered if anyone else had experienced this glitch?

many thanks

Hi all,

apologies if this is in the wrong forum. I have a minor niggle with my face lifted C200 premium plus and wondered if anyone else has experienced the same?
When setting cruise control, a little banner pops up for a few seconds on the digital dashboard with the set speed e.g. 40mph. If I set cruise control to traffic sign assist, then the set speed is displayed as km/h. For example, if I am in a 40mph area and set the CC to traffic sign recognition, the set speed will flash up as 40km/h.
Like I said, minor annoyance, just wondered if anyone else had experienced this glitch?

many thanks
That doesn’t sound right buddy , anything in the manua/settings to change to mph ?

That doesn’t sound right buddy , anything in the manua/settings to change to mph ?
The only option is to change the entire dashboard to km/h. I’ve done this and changed it back to mph to no avail.

MB-UK have offered to look at the car under warranty but I don’t hold out much hope for them resolving it

Out of curiosity, how do you set the CC to traffic sign assist, as I have not come across this function on my E Class, which also has TSA, might be that I don’t has this function though.

Out of curiosity, how do you set the CC to traffic sign assist, as I have not come across this function on my E Class, which also has TSA, might be that I don’t has this function though.
I believe there is an option to set the cruise control to adopt the determined speed limit. I am not sure if this is only available with distronic plus or is also available with regular cruise control. Perhaps the OP can advise. Having tried it a couple of times, I regard it as positively dangerous as the speed limit detection is not reliable. You can be travelling in a line of traffic at 50mph when the camera sees a 30mph sign on a slip road and the system brakes hard to adopt what it thinks is a new speed limit.

I believe there is an option to set the cruise control to adopt the determined speed limit. I am not sure if this is only available with distronic plus or is also available with regular cruise control. Perhaps the OP can advise. Having tried it a couple of times, I regard it as positively dangerous as the speed limit detection is not reliable. You can be travelling in a line of traffic at 50mph when the camera sees a 30mph sign on a slip road and the system brakes hard to adopt what it thinks is a new speed limit.
Thanks for that, I haven’t seen this in the settings in my car, that’s why I was asking, possible it’s only an option with distronic, to be honest don’t use CC that much, but do use speed limiter when am in those road works with cameras all around, and in the average speed section of the roads.

My 2019 C200 does exactly the same and the set speed drops to the kph speed.

Mine doesn't have distronic just standard cruise control.

Thanks everyone for the replies. MB-UK customer service passed it on to my local dealership who rang me to arrange a date to take it in for them to look at it.
They haven’t looked at the car yet, although weirdly I had an email from MB saying they were having trouble getting hold of a part - I’m awaiting their reply on what part they are waiting for seeing as they haven’t even seen the car yet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom